Digitakt & Minilogue XD Module Program Change Trouble

Hi!

Took delivery of a Minilogue XD Module today, it’s ace but having heard that the OG Minilogue couldn’t play nice with program changes as parameter locks I thought I’d see if it’s been fixed. Seems like it hasn’t.

Behaviour

The patches are switching perfectly in time visually, but I’m just getting a series of ugly clicks and quacks. It sort of works if I put a trigless trig with the destination patch before the trig but it’s still unreliable and even on the occasions it does trigger a note cleanly the release tail of each note is cut off early with the next trigless.

Has anyone got this working?

My Settings

Connected with a 5pin MIDI cable from Digi ‘out’ to Mini ‘in’.
Digi connected to laptop via USB and OB enabled to track drums.

Digitakt

• v1.11
  • [sync] clock send & prog ch send enabled
  • [channels] prog ch out chan = auto
  • [channel a] midi channel = 1 sbnk = 3 prog = 1-5 (init patches)

Minilogue XD Module

• Local SW off
  • Sync In same behaviour both 8ths & 16ths
  • Sync Polarity similar behaviour Fall/Rise
  • MIDI Route USB+MIDI
  • MIDI CH 1
  • Clock Source = Auto(MIDI)
  • En Receive Transport similar behaviour ON/Off
  • MIDI Receive Program Change On
1 Like

These are the only settings you need to receive Program change messages and your settings are correct. The most likely cause of the problem is that the Minilogue XD is simply not fast enough to deal with such frequent Program Change messages.

Are the 8x CC values activated (FLTR page)? I had a head-scratcher issue where my Bass Sation II patches would squawk and bloop when the DT sent a stop message. After some mild hair loss, i found that the 8x CCs were activated (no [x] on the CC dials) on that MIDI track, which meant that the 8x 0-value CCs were being sent to the BSII when pressing stop on a running pattern. These CCs are the default ones (SND CTRL 1, 2, 3 etc) and i have no idea what they relate to on the BSII but it screwed them up every time until i deactivated them all (FUNC + press each encoder).

Thanks for the replies both!

Yeah the cc settings were off.

I suppose I might have think of program change as a per part/pattern control rather than a wild step modulation like on the Monologue. A lot more going on here in terms of voice count and DSP with the multi engine and effects, must make a difference!!

Glud

1 Like