Digitakt midi sync to digitone

Hi
Im not sure if this has been mentioned or if anyone else has come across this one. I have the digitone synced to the digitakt and its has been syncing fine until the other day, i noticed when i changed the pattern on the digitakt the digitone is not switching over once it does the full cycle instead it is switching on the second bar rather than the first, if i stop the pattern and restart it the problem goes away and plays through the the bars on time the way it should do.This doesnt seem to happen every time i do pattern change tho seems to be doing it randomly so just wondering has anyone come across this before ?

could it be a midi cable problem i can double check later with a shorter one as the one i was using was quiet long

Has anyone come across this before seems to be midi related i tried several diffrent midi cables but seem to still get the same result, i did notice today it only seems to start from pattern 6 i can bounce around all the other patterns in time till i get to six (tempo of the pattern is exactly the same as pattern all other 8 patterns )
any ideas anyone ?

Hi

I have come across this problem a few times and have asked on here but at the time i did not get a answer back.
Basically i am using a digitakt and digitone with the digitakt as the master sending pattern change and the digitone receiving pattern change
Im mainly using the digitakt for drums and digtone for the rest
i have noticed that when i change patterns some times(not all the time) the patterns dont change at the end of the 4th bar which can totally throw the sync out.The last time i came across this my only solution was delete the pattern on the digitone or move it to a different project so that i don’t lose out on the work i have done and then just create a new pattern in its place and it all runs back in time so problem solved or at least sorted for the new pattern

i’m currently using at least two banks of 16 of patterns with a view to make a full set between both dt and dn but seem to run in to this same problem every now and again

could this be related to a delay setting or something i am missing ?

usually when this happens i am changing pattern and on the end of the 4 bar i expect it to change both patterns but for what ever reason it does not do this and will some times change half way through the second bar resulting in a jump in sound or completely out of times

when looking at the pattern lights for the bars they are not running at the same time when this happens , some times one could be moving a lot faster through the pattern than the other one (digitakt could be on its second bar and digitone could be on the 4th bar light for example)

i have all patterns at the same tempo and are set to the same bar length values

if needed i can upload the sequencer problem

Anyone any ideas ? or should i be worried that it is a problem with the digitone

i have tried different mid cables to see if that was the cause

Thanks for the help in advance

If you are still having problems with this and no-one can suggest a solution, I would recommend that you create a support ticket with Elektron via their website. They will help you.

What are your settings on M.LEN and CH.LEN on the Digis?

You can also run Digitone in test mode to check your device (see 15.1; page 66 in the manual). Are there any errors reported?

1 Like

Cool thanks KNH. Im not to sure tbh, i will do a test later when i get home tho to see if their is any errors

thanks very much for your help
It seems to only happen with certain patterns i can run through 10 pattern changes and every thing will flow like it should but then i get the odd pattern( also seems to be the same patterns that i have this problem) that just doesnt want to sync properly which is not ideal especially when planning on playing out

I have performed a test on the digitone seems to be no errors reported on firmware 1.4 os 1.10

2 Likes

i have also checked M.Len and C.Len all patterns are set M.Len 64 CH.Len off scale 1x

Hm if every single pattern has the same setting it should work with your settings.

Otherwise you can try to set the M.Len to INF and the Ch.Len to 64 on both devices and all patterns. Imho this should give you the same workflow but maybe the strange behavior is gone.

An other workaround or test could be setting up DN as master and DT as slave.

Meanwhile i would also open a support ticket like PeterHanes mentioned. Would be nice if you let us know their solution :slight_smile:

cheers Knh it has me baffled im pretty sure i did a swap around of both the last time i ran into this problem.But ill give it another go to see if their is any change. In the mean time ill log a ticket and be sure to let you know the outcome :slight_smile: Thanks again for your hep

Perhaps program change etc need to be set on both DT and Digitone on all patterns used.
I barely use program changes , most jamming / live pattern selection.