Digitakt MIDI channel program change recalls patches all weird

the midi channels from my digitakt seem to do this thing where if I change the pattern, no matter if there’s a program change or not, it recalls patches from my novation peak, and a couple other devices all strange. like, the filter will be all the way down, and the adsr will be different. I’ve even saved the settings and parameter locked them and it’s still funky. anyone know what’s causing this?

Elektrons use Programme Change messages to tell one another to change pattern.

Find your MIDI sync menu and turn off Prgm Ch Send.

Or, if you need to sync other Elektrons, go to your MIDI Ports & Channels settings and change the Prgm Ch Send Channel to. One different from your Novation. (And update the Recv channel on the other Elektroncs).

I’ve turned that off, and it’s still doing it. if I stop the digitakt, then press play again, my adsr and filter settings change to some weird horrible setting.

Have you got any settings on any of the Digitakt’s MIDI tracks which might be doing this?

I don’t have a Digitakt, so I’m guessing here, but on the Octatrack you can set the MIDI Track’s channels to “OFF”. If you can do that on the Digitakt, give it a try. The Digi series don’t have Kits or Parts so you might have to do this for every Pattern in your track/set.

I just realized that disabling the encoders fixes my problem, but that’s unfortunate because I’d like to control synth parameters with my digi.

thanks a bunch for your responses!!

Disabling encoders? How so?

disable midi for encoders on audio tracks and enable on midi tracks might do the trick?

hold down function and click the knobs. I’m doing that on the filter section of the midi track.

how do you do that? I don’t think I have midi encoders on my audio tracks

There is an option in midi config, port setting: encoder destination. If memory serves well it switches on the option to send midi from the encoders on the audio tracks to midi out
Is it set to int (internal only)?

holy smokes, that’s all it was! thanks so much!

nope, that wasn’t it:

… So, when I was recording notes into the Digitakt, I was using a midi keyboard. what I didn’t know was that it was parameter locking my note length and velocity, so now after I record a line, I just go in and unlock those.

thanks again everyone for all your help!