Digitakt Live Sets

I am always amazed by how much you can get out of one of the cheapest Elektron devices. The lack of song mode is often lamented, but I believe that through live improvisation and performance techniques the Digitakt is a great tool for playing a live set. So much so that my friend and I have been performing our brand of Electro across Brighton and London over the past year using just 2 Digitakts, (although recently adding a MAM MB33 for an acid crossover set). I have attached a link to a playlist with some of our sets up on SoundCloud and encourage you to reply with your own recordings.

Thanks guys.

5 Likes

This stuff is pretty cool, nice job providing some weird tunes.

1 Like

I’ve been hearing them today, on the Digitakt-only thread, great stuff! :slight_smile:
here’s a set I did a few months ago - although I used Octatrack (almost exclusively for transitioning and filtering/delay on both Digitakt and the transition loop) and an Audiothingies P6, most of the work and sound is done by a single Digitakt.

Here’s a topic where we can share all our live sets made with the Digitakt, whether thats with other hardware or just Digitakt only! I’ll start things off with this:

A live set I recently performed with just the Digitakt, bringing together styles of dub, techno and electro in a leftfield format. Feedback is appreciated! Look forward to listening to all your stuff.

3 Likes

I just made a small set with my digi, I love this machine so much.

I finally feel like I matured for an octartack :slight_smile:

Enjoy

3 Likes

7:50 -end is gorgeous!

1 Like

nice vibes here!

1 Like

I just got done making an IDM/trip hop album and was exhausted of the digitakt.

Well I decided instead of selling the digi, I will make a techno live set on it using stock samples to keep it simple and tight.

I have never really done anything techno-ish, so I’m a complete rookie. I also am going to try and incorporate a few sub genres while maintaining a tight sound.

I am a pro-digitakter so the usage of the box isn’t a problem.

How do you keep a longer set fluid with itself without dramatic changes in sound and not sounding the same the whole time?

So far I’ve just been changing some high hat patterns slightly and changing the melody slightly but even then the transition is a little rough.

Any tips or help?
I know there’s a lot of tutorials, but I like real discussions.