Digitakt latency

Hi
Im fairly new to the Digitakt so I’ve been really busy learning my way around it and loving it. The thing is, just the other day whilst play on the keys I have suddenly become aware that there is a fair of bit of latency when pressing the keys down. I have been focussed on learning this machine but I’m sure that latency wasn’t there before. Any ideas? or is this normal?

no

any idea what i can do?

Maybe:

• Reboot it
  • See if it’s the same in a new project (maybe a ram issue?)
  • Update to the latest firmware

And if all of that fails, take a vid and send a ticket to Elektron support.

1 Like

Ok thank you. Its ever so slight but it does but its noticeable. I swear it wasn’t like that before.

you can try to remove the delay from AMP envelope.
Correct the starting position of the sample.
Start a new project with new samples.

Could be a +Drive issue too. See if it’s not too full (on the settings page, available from firmware 1.05 or 06 if I remember correctly)

Ah I thinks its how I got my sound card set up to monitor. I forgot id changed that. Its causing latency. Thanks for the advise people. I feel a little bit silly now.

2 Likes

Oh yeah I should have thought of that. But I use the Digitakt mainly with headphones on. Nice to see your issue solved :wink:

Thank you. I thought I was going mad but it does cause a fair few ms latency. scarlett2i2

I assume you’re using Windows. You should be using your ASIO driver (Which should appear as “Focusrite Asio” in your DAW) and try to keep the buffer as low as possible (128 or 256 samples).

The monitor option of your soundcard is just a direct return of the sound (unprocessed by the O.S. / DAW etc). It should be turned off when you’re also hearing the sound via your DAW or you’ll hear the sound twice (the monitor sound, and a few ms later the DAW sound in superposition, which will make sort of a chorus).

Thank you yeah I got that all set up. It is windows. Im not using it with a daw though its just that my speakers are set up through my sound card so im coming out of a mixer then into the sound card out of my speakers, so I guess that would cause some latency in it self i guess.

On my old saffire you can set it to direct monitoring which has almost no latency. You can maybe do the same with yours.

yeah I can set up direct monitoring but it doesnt pan in that mode. weird. I guess it sums to mono in that mode

glad it worked out for you. Keep on rocking!