Digitakt ios connectivity question

I’d seen the k-mix before but thought it looked bit of a novelty but looking closer it actually sounds great. Is it stable and no known issues?

Some great suggestions here. Im thinking the Korg plugkey and K mix might be the way forward.

My only slight concern is my big hardware synth rack in the spare room may feel rather unloved while I relax and create on my “bed based audio pimp station”. But thats the very definition of a first world problem

Does anyone have any experience of sequencing a number of ios synths with DT? Is it reasonably straightforward? Do you need a separate ios app to route the different midi channels to corresponding synths? And do CC controls from DT work in ios synths?

Loving this forum.

1 Like

Just watched the Cuckoo K mix tut / review. It seems the K mix works as a class complaint audio interface for the Ipad pro. He was multi-channel recording into garage band ios. through the usb 3 camera connection kit. Didn’t demonstrate if it can have split outs back into K mix and didn’t touch on the midi functionality over usb, but interesting nonetheless…

How good is the compressor and reverb?

Yes. Works flawlessly with ipad pro 9.7. Class compliant midi and audio.
Compressor and reverb are OK. Not great but OK.
My setup
KMix. Space. Digitakt and launchpad xl USB into powered USB hub which then feeds into ipad through 3rd gen cck. Ipad can send/receive midi to all devices. Aux send from KMix to digitakt and space. Returns from space and digitakt to KMix. Separate channels in beatmaker 3 for all. Can record DT audio in BM3. Can record BM3 audio in DT.

2 Likes

Cool. So is DT sequencing stuff in BM3? And how are you getting your audio out of BM3 back into the k mix?

DT can sequence any app on the ipad. 3rd gen cck 》USB hub. All gear connected to hub so audio and midi can be routed to all the gear. USB from hub to DT which sees multi channel audio and midi

1 Like

Just to clarify once more @adfa USB from hub to DT which sees multi channel audio and midi

I’m guessing that means usb audio from hub to k-mix and then to DT as audio over jack leads. Or are you saying you’re sending usb audiofrom the hub to the DT usb input? If it’s the latter then… wow.

Quick update r.e my quest for tiny dawless bed setup. Im now running DT midi sequenced tracks through plugkey into ipad air 2 and ipad audio back out to k-mix which is also receiving DT audio. Got a keystep feeding midi and master clock to the DT.

The midi sync from keystep through DT into the ipad apps (Model 15, animoog, poison so far) is slightly flaky but I actually like that aspect. It’s never bang on so feels more human in a way.

Only problem at the mo is audiobus 3. seems to F*ck up the midi sync completely and apps hang or crash constantly when opened through it. Maybe some updates will correct this…

1 Like

USB > cck it’s a brilliant compact setup

Or USB > novation audio hub (provides audio IO as well as USB hub for other peripherals. I use my audio hub with my op1 and a quneo hooked up as well as digitakt

2 Likes

If audio from headphone out is good enough for you, then all you need is a Camera Connection Kit. I use my iPhone 5/iPad Air as a sound module all the time. Using AudioBus I can easily run multiple synths simultaneously

1 Like

Same but an interface makes routing audio in an option. I also like to use my iPad as an fx processor

Any chance you guys think overbridge will work over usb for an ipad?

Curious how I could set it up if it doesn’t work directly with the iPad :thinking:

Planning on getting Auria Pro real soon and using it as a multitrack recorder. My computer is just tapped out and the cpu goes crazy any type I record anything on it. And plus the iPad form factor works better for me anyways.

But yeah any ideas how I can get the individual outs into my iPad even if I have to use a computer in between them?

I guess we’ll learn soon which iOS DAW (if any) is OB-enabled.

I strongly doubt there will be any kinda of audio connectivity with iOS although I would be more than happy with just stereo streaming via USB

1 Like

Isnt the U-24 also a midi interface ? why do you need to use the Io dock ?

Because, (if I remember correctly, sold DT) one was for iPad, the other for laptop.

My Laptop has no sound card and I have a midi/usb keyboard and DT was used with midi, the iPad with usb, to be able to play keyboard at the same time.

Maybe there is a simpler way?..