Digitakt intermittently connects to Overbridge on MBP

Hi all,

I’ve had my Digitakt for the better part of 2 years now. I’ve never really managed to get it working properly on Windows 10 (couldn’t sample over USB, couldn’t get it to multitrack properly in Reaper).

I recently purchased a Macbook Pro (2015 model with i7 and 16 gigs of ram) and I can’t even get the Digitakt to connect properly to Overbridge in this machine, either in standalone, Reaper, or even Ableton. I’m running Catalina 10.15.6. Digitakt is running version 1.20.

When I do connect the DT, it appears and disappears from the device pull-down menu in Overbridge Control Panel. If I’m playing back audio on the Mac, audio will stream through the DT’s headphone output intermittently as the DT connects and disconnects. It’s the only device plugged in.

Any idea what I could be doing wrong on the Macbook (or the PC for that matter, but the Macbook is my main concern right now)?

Have you tried using other USB cables? that sounds like a bad cable issue.

I’ve tried three different cables (that seem to work fine on other devices). One is definitely better than the other two, but still not usable. What design specification must a cable be made to for the Digitakt to function properly? If I could drop 20$ on one that would definitely be worth it to me.

Here’s what shows up in Overbridge Control Panel. After I click ok, I can click on the pull-down menu. The DT will show up and disappear intermittently, freezing my system for a few seconds.

Digitakt is showing up twice in the list of USB devices though. Don’t know if that’s normal.

Did you solved the issue maybe?