Digitakt in addition to analog rytm?

Would make it sense from your side to have a digitakt inaddition to an analog rytm?
I am very happy with the AR but also very interesting in the digitakt.
What are the efforts for you to have both?

Do you use ableton in your setup?

Hi there,
yes I use ableton live in the actual version.

My live rig:

Everything in this playlist is DT and AR live (mostly just house edits). There are limitation, and I’ve considered trying the Octatrack (but still feeling content).

1 Like

good to know.
And you considered trying the octatrack instead of the digitack or in addition to your actual AR and DT?

2 Likes

DT will give you 8 more sample tracks that are fairly similar to the AR’s ones, plus 8 midi tracks. and a simple user friendly UI.

OT will give you amongst other things…real-time resampling & manipulation of the AR, + fx, + more real time resampling + scenes etc. & 8 midi tracks.

takes a bit of getting used to the more complex gain staging vs the DT and where certain things are located in its menu structure etc.

Probably to replace the DT, but I have no real plans so far. I want to release some new stuff I’m working on first. Maybe after really exhausting the current setup.

Ok, sounds to me that the octatrack brings more functions, and also the functions of the DT, right?

And what would you recommend in addition to the AR with the idea to keep it simple for a beginner?
I guess the digitact?
I am afraid that the menue structure and the funtions are maybe way to complicate, specially for a beginner.

The biggest difference for me between digitakt and Octatrack is that the octatrack has the slice function.

Digitakt is one sound per pad/track (basically) and octatrack you can have loads of different chops on one track

digitakt would be easier than OT for a beginner for sure, but all it will bring to the AR is more sample tracks, and midi tracks. so if all you need is simply extra tracks and / or midi tracks then DT will work well. it won’t bring anything else to the table.

1 Like

Ok, I will consider this well without hestitate.
Thanks to all here for your help.

1 Like