Digitakt II crackling and noise on right channel

No worries! If you look on the forum for AH+FX issues from around the time of release you’ll find a few people, myself included, talking about it. Worked fine at first then the right output showed a constant output, even with nothing plugged in. And when outputting audio it was mostly static.

I hope they didn’t use the same faulty parts for the DT II.

2 Likes

Thanks for info. Guess I’ll return mine first thing tomorrow then. Sigh… ah well

1 Like

Same exact fault right channel here seems to sometimes be fixed when loading other projects…Kind of weird but stays quiet without static after a while… Oh well. Will keep an eye on this and if it gets not adresse by Elektron I will return it

are you all in the US?

Germany

Sad to hear, and as always the fate of the “early adopter” hits… in germany we call this “Bananenprodukt, reift beim Kunden” (banana product, ripes @ customer)…

3 Likes

Yeah normally I also wait at least 1 year as I did with the syntakt but this time I could not resist and got a lemon

Sweden here. Not paralyzed by this, but yeah my grand scheme for world domination will have to wait another week or so

4 Likes

oh yes it is a new feature :smiley: :wink:

UK here, but my unit shipped from Sweden.

I thought the issue had cleared up earlier but it’s just because new patterns have the input at 0. First noticed it because some of the demo patterns were fuzzing a bit, of course when checking, these particular patterns have the inputs active.

I wonder if there will be more cases as people receive their units.

2 Likes

Well it was pretty much white noise at some point, so i guess they could add ”white noise generator” to list of features :joy:

Edit: da*n i should probably sample and export this before returning the unit

2 Likes

I hope this is a small batch issue, i love Elektron, hope they don’t have to deal with a round of huge returns

7 Likes

My sympathies for those having these issues, and I’m impressed with how calm the discussion is. Of course, getting angry will do no good, but that doesn’t seem to stop some people.

13 Likes

Same here, I mean the device itself is great. I was expecting teething issues with the firmware but this is the other way round. Although, I guess it still could be a firmware problem, I’m waiting to see what support say.

4 Likes

You get better solutions when the people doing the fixing can focus on the fixing and not have to worry about a community on fire imho.

Then it’s the empathy/human aspect, there’s people on the other side, often with their hearts in their mouths as they release their new product into the hands of thousands and lose a bit of control

I’ve been there, it’s not fun. And for me, this is what another week or two without the new box I’ve managed without for 40 years

9 Likes

:open_mouth:

3 Likes

okay I think I was able to narrow it down to:
loading larger projects (like the factory project) + inputs active

than 1 out of 3 times roughly it crackles only in the right channel but stops when the DTii is not busy anymore (the loading icon upper left corner disappears)

of course this is a little bit weird and surely some folks will not have this when they are going strictly to do the „one song per project“ thing in their workflow and if I would hav not started again on the factory content I think I also would ghave never witnessed this behaviour.

still waiting on elektron supports answer until I do or dont do anything about it.

was still able to use it without any problems on a blank project and even recorded my first jam ^^

1 Like

People will find this as soon as they try and sample anything. But that’s assuming there are more faulty units, maybe there aren’t.

first update: got a first response by elektron and recorded a unlisted video for them. factory reset did not help so I will keep you guys updated on this topic.

good thing: having right channel turned down makes the device absolutly usable at least

Noise… er… gate

3 Likes