Digitakt external control

Hello everyone. My newbie question is: can you mute-change patterns in digitakt with an external midi controller like Arturia step pro or something similar?

(mod edit: English please)

try page 88 and 91 of the midi implementation chart in the current 1.50 manual. track mute is cc 94 and pattern mute is cc 110, they can be controlled by another elektron device’s mute modes - whether it works with your controller is up to you to try and implement. if you see something in the user manual, just try it but don’t forget what setting you had before in case you need to return.

also see the settings 15.5.2 on page 69-70 for port config and look at the information for allowing external control over dt.

1 Like

I see that patterns can be silenced with CC110, but I haven’t found any pattern change CC, that would be the most important thing for me since I would just sequential digitakt with an MPC one or with an Arturia step pro. Excuse me for my English…

enable the digitakt to receive program change from the sync menu as it is described in your digitakt manual pg 68 and 69 of the settings menu section, also to receive clock. Then send program change from keystep or mpc as it is described in your keystep or mpc manual.

you must use the keystep or mpc manual to find this information, use the search function of the pdf file to search the word program or the word change and look through any results to see which is correct for your needs.

once transport, clock send, and program change message send are enabled on the controller of choice, try it out and see if it works. please read your manual, in whatever language is most comfortable for you to learn. If english is not best for your learning, read the manual in your native language. If the preferred language is not available, copy all information into google translate and use the translation service to get the preferred translation. I understand, it is difficult to learn the meaning of all the text even in your preferred language, but you must try these things yourself to see what they do.

maybe the concepts in this video by @Eaves can help you understand the basics of the sync settings menu, but instead of doing what he does (setting digitakt for control) do the opposite, set digitakt as slave like he does with the digitone. If you think this is different to what you are trying, I guarantee it is not different. it is the same. so please watch and try to learn what you can from it and do some experiments as well as become familiar with your controller of choice.

keystep pro and mpc are not simple controllers, nor is digitakt a simple sampler/sequencer. some time must be invested in learning.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your help!!! and sorry for my English… The Digitakt manual is not possible to find in Spanish. Elektron please: remember your Spanish language users, we are a few thousand…

I hope it can help, good luck

bump.