Digitakt + Digitone + Overbridge Apps OSX recording all tracks at once from the two machines

So I have a Digitakt + Digitone and I’m using the external (not plugins) Overbridge Apps in OSX

Both units connected via USB, both apps connected and working. I can now record all the tracks from both units :slight_smile: - BUT, you need to hit the “Start Capture” button in the two apps, so obviously the Digitakt starts recording for a second before the Digitone starts recording.

Is there a way of getting these “Start Capture” buttons firing at the same time?

My current workaround is making a blank 2 beat pattern on the DT and the DN with a short sound on the first beat, then import all tracks into Logic and line them up. Not the hardest thing to do, but just a PITA.

I can not for the life of me work out connecting them all up via logic and recording directly using the plugins - just beyond my knowlage :woozy_face:

I’m having more fun being free from my DAW, so do 99% on the Elektrons - but it would be nice to have each track in the DAW for the final stages.

Thanks!

1 Like

I was wondering the same thing and have been doing the same workaround. I usually just program four high hat hits and line them up that way.

It would be great if future versions of Capture could record multiple Elektron devices.

1 Like

Thanks for the input! 4 high hats would be better than my one.

Its crazy - Its all there, it could be the perfect answer to recoding these and then i’m doing this workaround and lining things up - Just seems so backward.

Happy it works at all though, really nice way to work and stay out of my DAW until the last round.

yep, would be great if the OB control panel had its own recorder like the standalones have.

Not at my proper desk, but just looked at audio files - Digitone tracks are all stereo but Digitakt are all mono? is that correct? if that’s the case, I’m better running the Digitakt main out into Digitone and mixing on the devices, then export for final mastering.