Digitakt + Digitone (+ Keystep) + Octatrack Connectivity (Solved)

@LazyLion Any chance you explain how you have connected and configured the OT as Master with the DT, DN and the Keystep? A step by step guide or a video maybe?

Hi y’all, curious if someone knows the answer to my problem related to this thread!

*Short version: *
midi DN (master) > OT; and then OT out (not thru) > DT. Is it possible to make that work? Or do I need to use OT-thru to DT to make Pattern changes from DN work on all three devises?

Got my very first Octa (whoohoo), and enjoying it a lot already. But now I’m trying (unsuccessfully) the following for Midi:

OT + DT + DN setup. I want DN as master because of pattern tempos.
(And DN as master instead of DT, so I can use the DN midi-in for my Keystep).

Is it possible to go DN midi out > OT in; and then OT midi out > DT in?

When using OT’s Thru to DT pattern changes done on DN work fine on all three devises. But I’m curious if I can use OT’s 8 midi tracks to mute/unmute the DT tracks, to keep my hands on experience more focused around OT. So I’d like to try OT-midi-out to DT. But when setting that up, Pattern changes only happen on DN (master) and OT, but DT doesn’t follow.

Is that just not possible, or am I missing something in the midi/sync settings?

Thanks in advance! I’ve been learning tons already the last days thanks to all OT threads here on Elektronauts, really appreciate it all!

Hey so I have the same setup and through reading didn’t notice a final result with the DT being the master and everything working. Just curious if you succeed and what that looked like. Hope all is well, thanks.

Goodness, what a helpful and detailed response! This help me incorporate my Keystep into my setup as well. Thank you for your help! And thank you to the OP for asking in the first place. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not seeing that there was a resolution to the issue of using the Keystep through the OT to play the DT, DN. I just got the OT and put a template project on my OT, which worked for doing this. Unfortunately, I am now trying to set up my own template and can’t get the Keystep to work. I’ve got OT doing clock and program changes, and I audio is working for all devices. Just trying to incorporate the Keystep.