Digitakt Decksaver Hack

HHey guys, i don‘t know how you feel about decksavers… :sweat_smile: they are good for keeping your Takt dustless, but they are way to expensive for a piece of plastic and when your are using your Takt, you always got to think where to put it aside, so they are not in the way… but… i discovered that you can use it to actually put it under your takt when you are not in need of the decksaver.
You can use your decksaver to put a portable battery in (turned upside down) and your Takt on top. If your battery is to thick, like mine, your Takt gets tilted a bit towards you, practical sideeffect :grin:
Pictures describe more than 1000 words. Note: you can use this idea/hack for Digitone and i think for other Elektron devices, too.
If you got some ideas/hacks please feel free to add :blush:

![image|666x500]

11 Likes

Nifty!

1 Like

Sweet hax!

1 Like

I can just share a diy hack. I built a dustcover from a piece of cardboard.
Better than nothing, if the takt stays where he belongs to.
It works also just fine, but wont (sadly) assure safe travels to the machine…
So i might not find a way around this manically overpriced thing…

I like your hack :slight_smile:

And im very curious about your battery and cable solution !
I am searching a go-to battery for a while :grimacing:

OP might have the XLAYER powerbank plus
(is what it is called in my country)
it comes with a cable you can put in the digi right away, the biggest I could find here was 1600 from this model.

Thanks FigittyFau !

For the quick spotting.

I just looked over the site of them, but they dont seem to fit for me. They really are all small.

I would atleast buy 50.000. :slight_smile:

Best wishes

1 Like

cool thing. what kind of power bank do you have?

I suggest using the Viking Smartech whichever, it has direct DC out so you just need to grab the right connector, set the voltage and you are good to go. I am using the 23000 mAh model, never dissapointed me.

1 Like