Digitakt: Could use some help as I would like to "move a full track"

Hey Matt,

Thank you, i’ll check that out.
I greatly appreciate the help.

Brett

Thanks,

I appreciate the help.
I have to admit, I’ve read through that manual a few times…

I would propose that the manual is excellent in its ability to be succinct and pack a large amount of info into a small space. I would not call the Digitakt manual a good way to learn how and when to use things. I would highly suggest that at the end of the manual they have a “keyboard shortcut” style setup where you can look things up from copy/paste to whatever.

The one thing that has been on my mind is a short tutorial series on When and Why one might do different things because, i’m reasonably new to the Elektron systems (and so far I love them) but I do get whey they a reputation for being known as “hard to learn” I do believe a great deal of that can be relived by simply adjusting how the lessons are taught and a supplementary document showing the when/why one would do some of these things from the ground up.

Yes, I will go back and take another read for sure.

Thank you for taking the time give me some pointers I do appreciate it.

Brett

I figured you may have read the manual. It sounds like you may be using the quick start guide though, the dt user manual is not really short and concise. The pdf of the manual is also fairly easy to search for things.

I only refer to the manual ultimately because it’s easier to help if we know what’s being refered too as an info source. If you had a chance check out the sounds section and still need help with sounds specifically, Post those questions. I’d be glad to help.

1 Like

Hello,

On the manual - I was reading through the longer/full manual — My choice of words on the “succinct” was more about the manual is well written for someone who knows the Elektron gear. Although deeply technically accurate, it is not a simple first time user manual.

All up though, I love the gear and I am sure more may be in my place soon. :slight_smile:

Thank you again for all of the help, it is much appreciated.
Brett

1 Like

i’m late, but try checking this out: https://www.reddit.com/r/synthesizers/comments/6sq5uf/how_to_use_copyclearpaste_on_the_digitakt/

I think you can copy the sound (TRACK+COPY: Copies the sound of the current sampler track into memory) & the trigs (REC, FUNC+COPY: Copies all trigs of the current track into memory) to a new track. maybe more copies are necessary, i’m not 100% sure-- trying to figure out a similar issue myself.