Digitakt controlling guitar looper (specifically boomerang 3)

Greetings!

Has anyone used the digitakt to come control a guitar looper? If so, do you have recommended reading or tutorial/documentation? Would be greatly interested how this works. I have a boomerang 3.

I use it to control the looper in an Eventide H9. Just set the MIDI clock send/receive appropriately on both, and you’re done.

On the H9, you also have to set “tempo” to “on” for it to accept bpm changes.

Hi Vinceman…
I use mine to clock an EHX 2880 via midi…
Like Mistercharlie says its just a case of setting your looper to receive external clock and setting the DT to send it in the MIDI config page in settings. MIDI sync is the subpage you want…
Hope that helps…
Good luck.

I used to do it for using the Strymon TimeLine. I could go beyond just clock and send it midi CCs from DT for recording, playback, overdub, stop, etc etc. Just get the midi implementation chart for your pedal and see what can and can’t be done for inspiration. Good luck!

I do this with the Ditto X4 (like so) but the Ditto is quite unreliable and the setup is quite wonky overall. The Boomerang has a far better reputation so this should be fun! :slight_smile:

Glad to hear there are others out there, I’ve heard people who love the midi clocking of the x4. For me its like an unreliable band mate that’s great when he’s great and such a liability when he’s not.

1 Like

Yeah I feel pretty much the same. I’m saving for an Octatrack because I want to start gigging and I don’t feel safe with the Ditto around!

The boomerang III syncs well, and responds to transport. However, there is no midi control over any parameters. I’ve used it with OT over a ton of performances. Very reliable!

1 Like