Digitakt connection + digitone

Ciaooo … in days I should get the digitone, I wanted to know what exactly I need to possibly connect the 2 instruments together ?? jacks cables + midi cables ?? I state that I have a scarlett 2i2 sound card

There are a few different options available to you depending on what it is you want to achieve.
One is to connect both Digitone&Digitakt via USB to your computer (to make use of Overbridge and record individual track in to Ableton Live). You can use either of the Digi boxes to connect your monitor speakers to.
If you want to use the Scarlett 2i2 to connect mics or guitar you can select it as the audio interface in the DAW and record these too.
If you want to use the Digi boxes together without the computer then you will need a MIDI cable going out of one to the in on the other then set the first to send clock etc and the second to receive. Then connect the audio using two balanced jack to jack cables from one to the other.

Let us know how you want it to work for you and we can help further.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the detailed answer … actually the main use will be to use it on the PC together with ableton and then O.B. !! Being devoid of other jack cables, I wanted the security that others weren’t needed. While instead of using it without a computer, do you need any particular midi cable?

1 Like

I use a similar setup although both my DN & DT are currently being used with hardware synths only, no computer connection.
If you are using with a PC and Live you can just connect them via USB. Get one of these hubs. (or Elektron Overhub)

Manhattan 7-Port USB 2.0 Ultra Hub, Plug and Play C Windows and Mac compatible (161039) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0035LXOPY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_o8m8DbQ680V79

If you are not recording mics or guitar you don’t need the 2i2 connected to the PC at all, just select either the DN or DT and plug your monitor speakers or headphones into it.

No MIDI cables or jack to jack cables are needed, only the cables to connect the monitors.

If you have any further questions just ask!

2 Likes

Thanks … as soon as I get the digitone … I will certainly not be asked any more questions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here I am … the digitone has just arrived … I am trying to connect it, for now I have only attached the data cables supplied, but it does not sound … it is obvious that I miss an elementary passage … but I do not understand which !!: (

Have you installed the latest beta of Overbridge yet?

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/overbridge-2-0-24-public-beta/108025

1 Like

yes…thank you!!

All working now?

They both play … I removed a left jack from the digitakt attaching it to the left side of the digit. Now I’m trying to figure out how to use a
full overbridge, but I’m on the high seas :frowning:

…take it easy…use the tone inputs for the takt outputs…u gonna need one short standard midi cable to let them walk along together…and connect main outs of tone to interface…

but u might also consider overbridge…and skip that poor scarlett converters and catch all signal outs in perfect direct digital stems onto ur computer via usb only…

1 Like