Digitakt available for pre-ordering

I also think you can assume that if you’re looking for straight up, good old fashioned midi sequencing, linear style, the DigiTakt won’t be for you. Elektron’s workflow becomes second nature if you adapt to it, but it’s easy to forget how far it is from proper linear sequencing, like they did it back when Grandpa was young.

If you want your tracks properly written in MIDI like from start to end, this might not be for you. I’d say that Elektron’s contribution to MIDI sequencing, is that they’ve taken their particular style of working with loop-based stuff and made it work in a context where you can warp MIDI data and structure in ways no other gear can.

But sometimes, that’s not what you want. Sometimes, you just wanna sit down and write a song from start to end, and move freely over the entire section without bothering about patterns, loop points and stuff. Then, I think you should look elsewhere.

I’m sure i read an official response suggesting it was 4 notes per track… As per the OT

1 Like

Agreed. Love sequencing my volca keys and Dom1 from my OT/AK. But for anything truly polyphonic, no… The way you can’t change chord shapes without killing the held notes is total dealbreaker for me there. Dunno if they’ve tweaked that on the DT?

Man, that always bothered me on the OT and made me love the Volcas and the Circuit.

1 Like

all in good time … this should be forthcoming, we’ve asked so that the thread isn’t weighed down by questions where there are known answers that have already trickled out

2 Likes

Youtube demo video says its been removed by user :disappointed:

When I need such info, I check this page :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Digifakts

5 Likes

Why in the description does it say “a digital and highly flexible sound engine” if it indeed does not have a sound engine. I am so confused by this. Why are people saying it doesn’t have one. This seems like a clear statement. Can someone explain to me why they think otherwise?

Because Elektron have told us numerous times

can you point me to where they state this?

From their FB post:

3 Likes

They are going to have an optional synth engine available for $699US

3 Likes

Does this have bit reduction / SRR ?
Seems it should be standard on a digital drum machine?

Indeed. Lets be fair, if you look at the second hand market you can actually get a MD or a sonic potions lxr for less than a new digitakt will sell for. Its just odd.

3 Likes

Any new takers on the pre-order after the latest snippet of audio?
And the low stock warning!

Which snippet?

:arrow_lower_right:

1 Like

Best UK price I seen for this is now £600 at Dawsons and Bax, putting it back into the tempting range for me.

I think Dawsons just haven’t bothered updating it as they are never the cheapest

1 Like