Digitakt available for pre-ordering

Yeah, and although I dont actually need it the trader in me says, buy buy buy you can always sell without much loss.

I know that’s not what music is about but haha I cant beat the thought.

i just emailed one of the stores that have it for 650 € right now. Because … our biggest Music Stores offer it for the Elektron price now, just checked that out. So its the same as before. Maybe this is a limited offer and maybe Elektron has contracts with some Shops in the world to make this possible. This would be insane but i dont know what else it could be :slight_smile:

yeah thoman has it for 770 now! I think im just going to order man. Crazynes

im thinking about that too :slight_smile: it would be the price i expected. But i wanna be sure so i will wait for their response.

btw: Dont buy at Thomann if you want the newest stuff fast :slight_smile: Although Thomann is my most loved Music Store - i was there a lot already :smiley: - they tend to dont have the newest stuff in the Synth/Drum Area Day1. They focus a lot on Guitar and stuff; then it comes to Synths and the like they are not the fastest to get the stuff, sadly.

Nah I’m getting at Bax, I get an extra 10% off today. So I’ll be paying 585, minus tax because i own a business is around 480 euros.

Fun fact, picking up an OT tomorrow. I have 2 options: 1. Get the DT for presumably and very cheap price, with the option to cancel my order until mayish. 2. Look away, and go on with my life.

Very though.

:smiley:

Sure, but 650 € are with Tax at those Shops. And i really wonder … could as well be that they simply not updated their price yet. But then again … Gear4Music for example says: Its a launch price. So this is interesting …

im waiting for response. I dont wanna be disappointed in the end :wink:

where do you buy your gear!? us?

got a very quick response from Bax right now. They told me, that the current Webshop price is definite. If i order now, i get it for that price! What the … guess i will pre order too. For 650 … its ok! :slight_smile:

1 Like

interesting… nice :wink:

U.K. Sellers. Juno and GuitarGuitar.

Did you? I did… Not sure how I feel atm.

Going to get a beer.

1 Like

FWIW, I managed to get ex-shop-floor Elektron gear for a discount of around 200 EUR (RYTM and OT). The OT ended up being a dud, but the RYTM is fine so far.

I pre-ordered for 650 eurobeans too :P/

2 Likes

Conspiracy Alert:

AHA! So this is the marketing plan the sweeds have been cooking up!

1 Like

xD

If it was, they succeeded i guess :wink:

Sometimes (often) when i read you i ‘m “upset” a lil bit , but i’ m pretty sure you are here for the music love , i am agree with you on this comment, all we need is more strength, maybe we’ll have to wait a little bit more and our dreams will become true.
I love my Elektron boxes, owner since one year only but i know i can trust on them, btw i’m not a noob producer… i think patience is the word :wink: Love is music, the only thing most of us have in this world <3

Don’t get upset dude! I love Elektron boxes. Just not unconditionally :wink: We all have different expectations/requirements. Otherwise we’d all be rocking volcas only and save ourselves a fortune :wink:

6 Likes

you are funny too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So I am pretty interesting in the digitakt but primarily for the midi sequencing side of things, I want to pre order but with out knowing for certain how robust the midi will be I just can’t do it. I am guessing it is expected that its midi functionality will be the same as the analog four? Or maybe because half of the machine is dedicated to midi we will see higher poly count? Then again each drum section on it is mono… it wouldn’t just be 8 mono midi sequencing channels would it? Kind of frustrated that they put it out for preorder with out fully detailing what its gonna do.

Each midi channel will have the ability for 4 note poly, the base note and 3 further offsets, per step. I imagine each midi track will have it’s own time sig and resolution with a master count to reset the tracks every xx.
Additionally the microtiming, retrig and probability will be present.
Expect some kind of midi cc to control your bits and peices and the lfo per track to modulate a param of your choice.

Not sure about midi slide, I’m sure someone will chime in, it’s hard to keep track of everything the way it’s going on these gargantuan threads!

I possibly missed something too…
I think you can assume the midi will be pretty comprehensive in an Elektron style, not to be underestimated.

2 Likes