Digitakt available for pre-ordering

Is there a manual available for this thing?
How do they expect preorders without even knowing what is does?

No!
Exactlyā€¦
Blind faith I reckon and the chance to be a first-batcher!
On top of that some were already decided upon first showing so itā€™s all good fun I supposeā€¦

Yeah im with you mate, im not exactly minted and i have responsibilities and not enough time aswell!! I think thats the life of a ā€˜naut!!
I guess what im getting at is that comparatively speaking, compared to most of the gear probably a lot of us folk have its not a huge outlay or commitment.
And with perspectibe i meant theres worse things to give a fuck about than timestretching and insert FX. Im burying my friend in the A.M so im probably a bit touchy.
Theres a million people who would kill for a drop of water or grain of rice in the world. They just want to live. How many features a new product from a Swedish company has doesnt matter a shit to them.
Just sayinā€™.
Touchy sorry.

2 Likes

Even bereaved/grieving you can watch your language Ianh ā€¦ no offense just sayinā€™
Even if I agree with your statement : Theres a million people who would kill for a drop of water or grain of rice in the world.

have courage for that bad period ianh54 sorry to hear thatā€¦
Iā€™m not in a good mood too but I try to make the necessary otherwise I will not communicate here. (itā€™s preferable)

I always try see a positive in even bad times William thank you :slight_smile: ( thats not sarcasm i genuinely mean it )
Seeing loss and grief makes me realise i have to fight harder every day to be grateful. And positive. And take joy in the most simple things.
And i apologise for my language it is indeed unecessary.
And thats i kinda what im getting atā€¦
Were lucky man. Were lucky. And im blessed to have all i have. And people that love me. Digitakt is cool. Its cool.

5 Likes

Take care of you, Ianh54 :wink:

1 Like

Nope, its 769, al least now.

Bax UK
Ā£600

Till you put it in the basket then itā€™s Ā£659 :unamused:

Itā€™s nice to see the discussion cooling down a bit.

I canā€™t say I know Elektron people well, neither even half of them, but one thing is sure : I have never ever seen one of them show even a tiny bit of cynicism. I canā€™t believe it would be in Elektron culture to consider things this way.
Without all the cards in hand, itā€™s already hard for us to make an informed judgment on :3lektron: design choicesā€¦
The absence of MIDI sequencing on AR was lately said to be technically challenging, not a business decision.
Itā€™s even harder to talk about Digitakt as none of us has tried it.

I find it exciting that new boxes are dropping.
And I am already so grateful for the pleasure I have playing each day with my machines, growing each time I practice and find unknown sonic territoriesā€¦

Enjoy your time, everyone :slight_smile:

10 Likes

It seems like this is the proper way to keep sales going on and on! They have a bunch of competition right nowā€¦ Akai, Pioneer, Korg, Roland and other small scaled companies with good productsā€¦ and donā€™t forget Behringer with there new line of (future/) products.

Maybe I am fortunate in some way but I am amazed that anyone regards this box as radically cheaper than other Elektron boxes. In the U.K the DT will be about 750 if you want full OB - you can commonly get the other boxes for a grand or less if you shop around and pounce. I mean, once youā€™re in something for 750, is a grand really much difference?

If theyā€™d brought the DT in at say 300, Iā€™d say that was an entirely new price point, and it would be competing with the Electribes/Circuits, which is where I feel it belongs.

3 Likes

The build quality is not comparable to the machines you mention, I humbly think. The deal above anyone elseā€™s offering at this point is a quality hardware drum sampler that actually samples in a travelable form. But I get that in Ā£ it works differently in our current economy. I understand you also include used prices, which makes sense. I guess I limit myself by tending to buy new. Iā€™m cool with it, though. Anyway, want a DT, donā€™t need a DT at all, and applaud Elektronā€™s effort at a small quality sampling drum box. Enjoy the weekend everyone! :wolf::evergreen_tree::tiger2::seedling::herb::relaxed:

2 Likes

Agree. Even though I am not getting one this is a cool SP-1600 drum machine sampler. Pad triggers, 16 bit, digital filtersā€¦do I need overbridge? Nope

I have both AK and AR and I donā€™t use OB anymore. The cool thing about this machine is it is less than 4lbs. So you can grab and iPad and a dragonfly red to sample into this mini beast. When sampling is quick and dirty on hardware you can really tap your ideas out.

Letā€™s wait to see what else is announced for this machine.

1 Like

I caved, I am weak.

2 Likes

Itā€™s ok we still love you. Lol

1 Like

Got a discount code and reasonable shipping. Plus some paypal funds pushed me over the edge. That app demo on the :3lektron: site (although without effects) really showed off the instant and responsive nature of the machine, really like it. I think Cenk is going to damage it fairly hard when he does a demo. Need a dope midi splitter box now. Guessing Quadra Thru is good?

2 Likes

great point @Stickhit. Im with you here. People who use a DAW and people who really create great stuff there - they dont wanna waste their time with Hardware Integration. No matter what, you always have Latency and if latency compensation doesnt work and you are like most of the DAW Producers out there (throw stuff in, keep everything realtime and hell - DONT RECORD ANYTHING in case you wanna change it later) - yeah, hehe in that case you would simply not mind. The Virus TI was great at the time because no Plugin was able to beat the Virus Sound - back then. But today?!

I use OB for recording only, i also dont mix the stuff up. So i could in fact live with basic Stereo Out Recording from the DT. But for that price ā€¦ itā€™s really more GAS than it is actually useful. And i already have an Octatrack ā€¦

Hereā€™s 5% off for anyone whoā€™s pre-ordering.

Interesting that the final DT price is almost the same as I paid for Deluge. That is still to be shipped, but for the same price, I feel that itā€™s providing much more value & features.

1 Like