Digitakt available for pre-ordering

Oof!

I hear an E-vil laughter echoing all around us!

:3lektron:-vil-ektron*

2 Likes

Agreed

Pre-orderedā€¦
Bye bye!

2 Likes

Clarence! A new toy, can I play?

1 Like

No worries fella, since you posted that clip Iā€™ll catch up with you, ā€˜I like it!ā€™.
You at the Greeks for some ā€˜Christos Anestiā€™?
Pity the DT is not shipping until May otherwise we could have really taken on those Bazuki boys!

Ace Of Base!
Yeah Iā€™ll be there this year, see you in Londek, no lamb this time thoughā€¦ :joy:

1 Like

I would tend to agree with @Callofthevoid

I think what this really represents is Elektronā€™s attempt to crack a new market by making a lower priced box.

But I think theyā€™ve missed the mark because, especially now they have increased the price and introduced tiered pricing for OB, the MPC Live is going to crush the DT

1 Like

The MPC Live, I believe IS the superior product. However, thatā€™s almost 2x as much as the DT. Another question in the competition between the two(if theyā€™re even competing directly) is how hardware-purist is a majority of the market? The MPC Live is basically still a computer, just reformed and rebuilt as a means of being a musical instrument opposed to being a universal tool. (I donā€™t care, though-I still want it, the X anyway(though all things considered the Live is the better of the 2 MPCs)

The MPC Live is Ā£799. The DT with Premium OB will be about Ā£750

2 Likes

WHOA! (Yeah, thatā€™s off JunoUK, right?)

Thatā€™s its list price everywhere here.

WHOA! I guess itā€™s just because Iā€™m used to the USD amount where itā€™s 650 for DT vs 1200 USD MPC Live

1 Like

I fancy the MPC as it has so many useful parts to it but then seeing the preorder now on Elektron at Ā£659 (I donā€™t care for OB) Iā€™m tempted to preorder them both, have a battle myself and send the loser packing.
Just have to swamp through having no breathing space on the old plastic fantasticā€¦
Into the toy cupboard for a sale victim me thinks!

Damn you @BeardyJack you have set sail and now I fancy that same horizon!

Gee wiz!

Yeah there is a huge Uk US price difference with the MPC Live. Import it!

1 Like

Absolutely! Iā€™ve got my eye on that X. Only 1500 for the X.

The marketing behind this was to get more customers who donā€™t wish to spend the premium, all seemed fair and the box looked OK with some cool features.

However.

Itā€™s now working out at the same cost as a second hand OT, what new customer in their right and sane mind is going to look at this? Itā€™s a premium cost for limited functionality, oh ok, it can connect to a computer woop woop.

Thank god I was never in the market as Iā€™ve got an OT, I just cannot understand this product and its strategy unless some tricks get added to the unit very fast, like a damn drum synth engine that was ported from the now defunkt MnMā€¦why did you just NOT do that???. Then folk would not care about the charge. Right now this is a pretty bad deal IMO. Iā€™ve always thought of you guys as pushing the trip forwards, this product as it stands and its pricing makes me think very very differently about my loyalty, I could never recommend this to one of my friends or my kids, they can have something else.

charging for OB ?

Sorry, OB Premium :joy:

2 Likes

I still donā€™t understand if it has a drum synth engine or not :confused:

It has a sound engine :vhs:

1 Like