Digitakt as "the brain" to your setup

For the healthiest setup :

Sorry, I couldn’t resist ! :loopy:

17 Likes

Question I have here, after a quick dive through the manual I didn’t see anything. Will its MIDI out sequencing be true poly this time around? This would be the only benefit for myself over OT.

Branular synthesis.

11 Likes

No. Still elektron style 4-note-almost-poly.

Bran cereal = “son” in french, which is exactly the same spelling for “son” = sound !
(Nothing related with son/daughter).

2 Likes

the manual seemed alright , as expected i guess.
nice to put lfo onto midi cc , would be nice to be able to use a userwave for the lfo but if it can be plocked then it’ll be able to do weird things …

its got pattern chain , seems ok and useful.

i didnt notice any auto trim functions on sampling but i will look again.

and unsure if you can feed an audio out through it without needing to sample it (like a thru / internal input type thing).

and need to look again for pattern play direction (often forward,backwards,pendulum,random etc.). i use probability direction on the engine to add a little madness to short patterns.

On the Sonic State Digitakt preview that was up briefly, but came down Nick was using it to play a Dreadbox Erebus via Midi with the Erebus’ output going to the Digitakt audio in. So, I think we will be able to feed audio thru it without sampling. Hopefully, they put that vid back up soon!

1 Like

even after reading the manual I plan on using it as my brain alongside my RYTM. Should be a lot of fun.

I just rerouted my set-up and did the same: put a mixer in front of my OT. No more plugging and unplugging the OT’s inputs, I can instantly sample/add FX/mangle any or all instruments running through my mixer without dealing with cables…love it. As a pair of the OT’s outputs also go into the mixer, this makes it super easy to resample the OT on the fly.

5 Likes

Hello everyone
I have a question to submit.
Since I had an OT that I then sold and sometimes I miss, I remember that the OT could dedicate the eight tracks all to midi or all to the audio (sampler… fx…mix), am I wrong?
Does the digitakt able to have a hybrid midi and audio setup in the same kit?
Thank you.
Ach.

OT and DT have 8 audio tracks and 8 midi tracks.
No internal routing, but you can plug midi out to midi in with a midi cable and control audio tracks with midi tracks with correct settings.

AFAIK on MachineDrum you have 16 tracks and you can choose between midi and audio.

1 Like

thank you but i would like to sampling my modular and control my monomachine by DT as i’m doing with my MD…
yes you are right MD can do that.

DT can do that for sure.

Great
last one question (i dont think so…)
Maximum length per track (audio and midi)?

64 steps max, individual length per track and a scale setup for all tracks (pattern).

I checked the manual, you can do it too !

2 Likes

Thank you very much
sezare56
Cheers
Achille

Are there any videos of this? I’m new to Elektron and ordered a Digitakt. I’m interested in what this allows you to do but can’t wrap my head around it.

Maybe some videos for OT, but no sure it is impressive.
Basically, you’ll be able to control audio track parameters with the midi CCs listed p64 of the manual.
Additional midi Lfo, additional conditional trigs…

1 Like

What is the purpose of doing that? Can you give an example or two?

1 Like

You can automate Fx parameters, add an Lfo, add conditional parameters trigs on the same step (one in audio tracks, another in midi tracks), eventually other notes variations…
Depends on you needs, imagination !
@void And of course you can do this : :wink:

4 Likes