Digitakt as first device?

totally bru :slight_smile:
I sold most of my other gear n now jus have dt n a 303.
dt is the coolest liā€™l box in years. I woulda given anythin to have it as mi first box years ago :slight_smile:

Interesting, Iā€™ll keep A4 for sure, but when DT will be totally operational (expected specs without bugs, freezes, wrong buttonsā€¦:zonked:), as I started with an Mc 303 20 years ago, Iā€™m sure it will be a really good first device.
I canā€™t say so for Octatrack. You have to deserve Octatrack. :content:

1 Like

After some weeks
I think digitakt is best device to start with
Simple sampler, basic synth possibilities, perfect sequencer, perfect sound

IT van do all you need to build a track and play live with it
For an acceptable price

Best machine ever!

4 Likes

100% agree!

Basic synth operation on a DT? Thatā€™s a most academic point of view since the DT uses only one (synth like) method.
For any beginner I would recommend the other way round. Start with a synth and go further with a sampler.

thatā€™s a no brainer, yes this is the best first device

You could start out with something more ā€˜immediateā€™, like a cheap monophonic synth, or something similarly direct. Direct, meaning youā€™re doing more hands-on sound-making than interface-navigating. You could say that the Digitakt is immediate, but it also works well with other hardware (for sample fodder etc.), and itā€™s great for portable use. The Digitakt is a SAMPLER and a sequencer, with a lot of great features and effects.

Yes.

be aware that you have to start from scratch with he digitakt as with almost every other elektron deviceā€¦
yes there are kits for drums and waveforms and stabs.
But you have to assign them, manipulate them and while doing this, you have to stay focussedā€¦
Of course, beside being a crashfest, the DT is a strong machine, can do a lot of things, but getting from zero to hero takes whileā€¦
I speak about my experience with itā€¦ It is not as immediate as for example an Electribe 2 where you have lots of stuff directly at your disposal and can begin right awayā€¦
And yes the Electribe will show you its limitations far sooner than the DTā€¦ But for starters? It could be a better experience than jumping onto the DT trainā€¦

go for digitakt. i dont own it, but i have an ARytm and Octatrackā€¦ the sequencer is lightyears ahead of what you know from dawsā€¦ and the the DT is below 1000 bucksā€¦ also interesting for you could be the novation circuit. even cheaper than the digitakt and cool (not soooo good sequencer).

both tools are good for producing drums, drones and efxā€¦

if you are more into some melody/synth stuff, go for waldorf pulse or dsi evolver desktopā€¦ they are pretty cheap at the moment :-))

have fun