digitakt and push 2

Hi everyone … I have been intending to buy an elektron product for a long time, and I was on the digitakt. Already possessing a push 2, I wondered if the two instruments could live together well … thanks in advance !! :grinning:

They will have a great intense love life until you sell the push 2.

1 Like

@ Finns - weirdly - my thoughts exactly!

1 Like

Push is known to cheat on Live. And Live cheats with Digitakt. AND then Overbridge late on the scene joins the threesome and makes it a foursome.

1 Like

in reality with push I am fine … it is a tool with enormous potential, of which I am in love !! I am only afraid that then one of the 2 is too many !! :slight_smile:

Just remember to set the midi clip quantization to off in Live when you make program change clips to change the DT’s patterns. This makes it so when you press that midi clip on Push it changes at the end of the current pattern and not the following one. Also, pattern B-2 on DT is Program Change bank 1 program 17 in Live.

If this doesn’t make sense now it will soon enough, I swear.

This excatly why you will end up selling the push 2 just like the rest of us.
The great unfullfilled potential that takes up too much space :kissing_heart:

For now the push is a tool I can not help … then you will see!! :slight_smile:

One person’s junk is another person’s treasure, been that way for 1000’s of years or more…

I want to share my experience with both instruments, and maybe some of you guys can add theire experience.
I am working for 1,5 years with the Digitakt and it‘s my main instrument for creative output. I am a professional guitarist and producer based in Cologne and use the digitakt for a lot of things, in a musical context :slight_smile: . When i am entering a studio to show of some Beats, Song ideas or programm Drums, anyone is blownaway by it‘s sound and simplicity. The strong limitations of the takt, give my songs more depth. When i sit down with that thing i get lost in time, i love it.

Few months ago i made the decision to get a Push 2. I was Part of the Overbridge Betatesting and got more and more into Ableton, so i found it a good idea to get the Push, cause i like twisting knobs.
But, working with the Push, got me away from the takt and when i listen back to the stuff ive created with it, it doesent sound as deep as the things i did with the takt. Its more complex and so but… yee kind of disaponted. And Soundwise too.
So i got into merging booth of these machines, the thing is, they are both kind of „sketchpads“ to me.
So i figured out to use the Push for complex sampling stuff, and sample it back via Overbridge usb to the takt, deplug the takt from the Computer and sit back in my creative corner.
When i am tracking my Ideas into Ableton, i use the Push for controling FX, maybe add some Operator Synth, search new ideas with the Session and Scene mode. I try to not touch the computer at all and make everything from the Push to treat it more as an Instrument.
It works. I still have to run some hours with that setup, make more experience, but i think, that i got some workflow with booth maschines.

I hope you could get somthing out of it, if i got a new workflow idea :bulb: i will post it.
I am interested in the workflow of you guys.
Muchas love from Cologne

1 Like

In reality
I’m still completely unrelated to the elektron world, and I don’t yet know the real overbridge features. Let’s say that for those who use ableton, in my opinion the push is fundamental … so my doubt is only if the digiktat can be an integration or a duplication.