Digitakt and Prophet Rev2 solved

Hi there. I have recorded a midi sequence on a digitakts midi track which is triggering the rev2. I have the problem that the first step in the sequence is not played in the first playthrough. After first playthrough everything works fine.
Any tips? Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Check if micro timing has been added?

Thank you Naboo. Yes, I also tried with microtiming but it didn’t change the behavior. It’s a pad sound and the notes on the first step aren’t playing…
Btw: Digitakt is master

Are you using MIDI Program Change? Maybe that cuts off the first note…

I set program change in the midi menu off and on the midi tracks source page i dialed in the corresponding programm number.

Are you sure that the required event was recorded on the first trig of the sequence and not the last?

Hi Peter Hanes. Thank you for taking your time. Yes, I double checked in grid recording mode. The midi notes I have played are recorded on the first step of the sequence.

Are you sure it’s not prophet?

Hmm. I don’t know. How can I find out if it’s the prophet?

Huck up something else, and see if it triggers or not
My moog little phatty won’t trigger at first note if it was untouched for few minutes and the autotune is on.

OK I’ll give it a try. What would be a possible solution if the Rev 2 is the problem?
Btw, I never had a problem sequencing the rev2 with cubase…

try not sending transport and clock.

You mean I should disable “sending clock” in the digitakt “sync” menu?

yes, would be interesting

Disabling “send clock” didn’t change the behavior.
I realized something new: sometimes it works but most of the time it doesn’t but I am not able to to reproduce the issue. Most of the time it works when I power on the digitakt and the rev2 and there are a few times it works when starting the digitakt when both machines are already powered… :thinking:

okay, so I have a similar issue but the other way around: When sending midi to the Digitakt, sometimes the first trig gets “swallowed”. There is even a discussion about it here. This and your issue might be connected…
I think the only work-around is to nudge the first trig by +1/384

I have tried to nudge the first midi notes/first trig but that didn’t solve the issue. I am aware that the “first step” problem exist when digitakt is slave. In my case dk is the master…

I have the same problem when switching between patterns. The first notes are missing.
I tried to disable the programm number on the source page because the patch is the same in both patterns but it didn’t solve the issue.
Another thing I observed: i am triggering a bass patch on a roland jv 1080. When changing to the next pattern it plays the first note of the old pattern. I am helpless. Maybe have some more tips for me. Thank you in advance.

I managed to solve the “first notes missing” problem. I disabled the program number on the source page and now it works as expected. The disadvantage is that i have to dial in the right patches manually. I disabled it for all the midi tracks.
I didn’t solve the problem with the overlapping first notes when switching patterns. It affects not only the jv1080 but also the rev2. Any ideas? Thank you!

This might not be the answer you are looking for, but did you try starting a new project with the Digitakt?