Digitakt and Moog Mother 32

How would I be able to sync the sequencer clock of a Mother 32 with the Digitakt via midi?

Don’t have a Digitakt but the Mother’s sequencer runs when ever it receives a MIDI start message, so you just need a MIDI cable from the DT’s MIDI out to the Mother’s MIDI in, then set the DT to send MIDI transport.

Thank for the advice. I do have both units hooked together, and the Moog on channel 1, but the Moog sequencer does its own thing. I guess the question is now - How would I be able to enable the “transport function”.

in digitakt preferences --> midi configuration --> --> sync --> sync send clock

Also in midi configuration --> port config --> outputs to midi

then it should work… (I think), if the input configuration of your Mother 32 is ok.

there is a possibility you have to set the sec notes to a lower C (can remember once mine were on C5, in stead of C1 or C3…

I hope it helps…

I’m having a similar issue with the digitakt and the mother 32. I oddly enjoy sequencing on board the mother 32 and would like the DT to start/stop the mothers sequencer when I hit play/ Stop but I can’t for the life of me find any info as to how this would be accomplished. I have the two linked with a midi cable and I can play notes on the DT and sequence notes from there to the mother. However I can’t seem to get the mothers sequencer to play when I push start in the DT. This is necessary for I want to run the dfam from the mother but can only tempo sync those two if the mothers on board sequencer is running. Any insight is helpful. Thanks!

If you match midi channels and set digitakt clock send it should be fine. The problem is you can’t turn off M32 sequencer. As long as you check clock send in the DT, M32 will always start onboard sequencer.

1 Like