Digitakt 909 drum samples

Have looked at that actually. Was thinking of selling the TR6S now I’ve got the DT though, so needing to scratch that 909 itch.

this is a killer samples:

1 Like

I really wish you hadn’t posted that. This evening could get expensive.

Just sample the TR-6S before you sell it.

6 Likes

Samples from Mars have an incredible collection of 909 samples. Their Black Friday sale is coming up too. All of their sample libraries for like 40 bucks. Cant go wrong there

6 Likes

Hey there friend. I posted this link to a plethora of drum samples from just about every drum machine made. Have a look. Maybe some stuff you could use.

1 Like

Keep the TR6s. It will be a nice little sound bank for you to craft sounds with.

Plus you get ALL THE XOX SOUNDS!

There’s a sample pack that I use called the 809 Kit that has some pretty good 909 sample packs in there.

I bought these a few weeks ago… not the cheapest, but you get a few flavours en they sound good and you also get the 606 and 808.

Take this advice… Samples from Mars have an incredible collection of just about everything and all of it is extremely high quality.

1 Like

Use the samples you have and then play around with the Digitakt drive and master compressor to hot-rod your own and then resample them.

I actually found the Roland Cloud 909 VST has a really nice crispy sound to it. I also sampled my old Aira TR-8 before I sold it. Usually use those samples for basic hat, ride type stuff

This!

I got all their samples on a black Friday sale and still haven’t even downloaded them all. So much good stuff… I think the whole collection is like over 50GB of audio.

There’s a really weird, swampy, processed Korg Minipops pack that I’m loving. The Elektron SidStation pack is really fun too. I realize these have nothing to do with 909 samples, but they have those too

Another vote for keeping the TR-6S. I have both, and I don’t think a DT with 909 samples renders the TR-6S redundant. Use the Roland when you want that sound (or those sounds, it’s not a one-trick pony) and use the Elektron when you want the better sequencer, other samples, two LFOs per track, etc.

1 Like

Will definitely look into this. I’m pretty new to electronic music (2 1/2 years into it, playing with my band for about 2 years now too) and even newer to the DT. I maybe need to be less beholden to that 909 sound and break out into my “own sound” for future releases.

Have given thought to keeping it but it’s one more thing to look after in a live setting. My head already hurts enough whenever I play a gig, that’s why I’m thinking only one drum machine needed. Let’s see though, I do love the TR6S and use it for lead and bass lines along with the drums. Only ever found myself using the 909 sounds for the drums though.

1 Like

I believe that at least the 303 are missing on the the TR6s/8s.

I recommend goldbaby.

Here is what you do - you fire up the tr6s and tune a kit up how you want it. The key here is that the 909 can have many many different vibes to it. Also the tr6s has good effects on it. Once you have pitched the 909 how you want it, sample it and then use those sounds in the DT. You could even sample loops off the tr6s and just trigger those or slice them up.

Main point is the better you get with drum machines the more you will learn how to twist them up differently for each tune. That is why I would not get rid of the tr6s.

Alright, alright. I’ll keep it. :blush: