Digitakt 1.51 : Bug reports

“FUNC + Yes” is a temporary save. I think if you switch off the DT, it don’t stay.

I always save using “FUNC + save project”, never lost anything :wink:

1 Like

Have used Digitakt for years and never experienced a bug.

Since 1.50 upgrade, however, I am losing work on power cycle. Steps to reproduce: create a new pattern in an existing project. Make some changes. Cycle the power. The newly created pattern will be reset to original state (grayed out on physical button backlight, untitled, all data cleared).

I seem to be able to recover the lost data by manually reloading the project from memory (assuming I saved changes before powering down). Opened a ticket about it. However, this makes me feel like not using Digitakt for a while. Think I might go back to Tempest until this is sorted. Cannot stand a machine that eats my beats.

5 Likes

I’ve discover the Ping Pong playback trick no longer works with 1.50.

The ‘playhead’ moves as expected back and forth, but the actual sounds cuts out/stops playing when the playhead reaches the start point (i.e. after one FWD & one REV).

Hope this can be fixed, else a Ping Pong machines added :wink:

2 Likes

Digitakt critical bug - vanishing patterns

I thought I was going crazy. This happend to me twice now. The first time my brain bent reality into thinking I must have cleared the pattern. Although I couldn’t really believe that cause I always save, and save again. The muscle memory.

But today it happened again. Created a patten yesterday. Played with it today, and this afternoon. Tonight, I fired up the the DT and POOF… pattern GONE.

The patterns returned to a state I was like two days ago, including sample RAM.

This is a serious bug. I lost multiple tracks I have been working on for a couple of weeks. I even copied them to backup patterns and saved them over and over (project save).

This needs attention really quick.

Have sent a ticket to support

4 Likes

LFO2’s destination gets changed when powercycling the DT. e.g.:

Set LFO2’s destination to ‘LFO1 Depth’ …

…then powercycle the DT (wait 30 secs between) and it’s now at ‘LFO2 DEST’ (when pressing the encoder it shows META as in no destination)…

Same with other LFO2 Dests:

LFO2 Dest = ‘LFO1 Fade In/Out’
…powercycle…
LFO2 Dest is now ‘LFO1 Multiplier’

LFO2 Dest = ‘Amp Delay Send’
…powercycle…
LFO2 Dest is now ‘Amp Reverb Send’

etc etc…

Although I used OB to screenshot the values (easier than taking pics of the DT screen), the same thing happens when OB is not connected/in use. Sent to support.

3 Likes

Support says this could be because of a broken capacitor. Hence the auto-save is not able to save the project on shutdown. But I was abel to load the correct state of the project multiple times without a problem. It was after like the third time it loaded multiple patterns were gone. And if I save manually I am not dependent on auto save, since the project has already been saved before shutdown.

I have encountered problems with work not being saved since the latest update and other people have too. Have we all suddenly got broken capacitors? This is definitely a bug.

4 Likes

Is that happening in a project created before the update?

have you reported this to Elektron?

yes, great question. Shouldn’t make a difference of course but could. I’ll create a new project and see what happens.

No, I probably should have done so a couple of months ago after the second time it happened but once other people began to report the same thing I figured that it would become common knowledge. It makes me wonder if anyone from Elektron ever bothers to read the forum reports.

1 Like

I can confirm this at my end too - seems like a pretty bad bug as you mentioned elsewhere

4 Likes

Thanks for confirming! :pray:

1 Like

Chiming in (again) to say turning the power off right after a “Save OK” message isnt always reliable. Sometimes, somehow it seems to have not saved everything? Starting to save twice and then turn the machine off after ~15 seconds. Is this just me? Lost many hours of work today :confused:

1 Like

Has anyone got an answer about the digitakt bugging out…previously discussed when you are trying to select a sample and it keeps jumping around? I haven’t had time to use mine the last couple weeks but last night when I did it was much worse and was doing it when I was trying to select a lfo. Got me so frustrated I had to turn the thing off and walk away…

I’m experiencing this as well on my Digitakt- LFO2 destination. I just sent report before I came here and found your repro.

OS 1.50

2 Likes

I’ve still not heard back from support :skull:

Hope you have better luck!

2 Likes

I’ll let you know if i do :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Also worth noting. I found in the Release notes for 1.30 to 1.30B that this may have been an issue that was fixed in that update. I really hope it’s not a bad capacitor.

This happened to me again this morning.

Digitakt running 1.30B.

Made a lot of new patterns last night. Moved between them fine. Saved all in Temp (i.e. didn’t hit FUNC+Gear before powering down).

This morning, turn on the Digitakt and all the new patterns are gone.

I think I might’ve turned the power off while it was in Play mode, which isn’t ideal. Maybe that caused the bug? But this has happened to me before after the new firmware update–patterns disappearing after power down.