Digitakt 1.51 : Bug reports

Please do, it will probably help to prioritize this.

1 Like

is that so? that would be great of course. Can anybody confirm this?
in this particular case, i worked the whole evening on something new and we wanted to play through the set afterwards. so now i can decide what i lose if i put the last backup back on…but i made a ticket now, let’s see what comes out of it

It happened to me again and again. But not always. Could it be a broken capacitor? If so, wouldn’t it be reproducible? It isn’t.

Keep reporting these issues! Elektron is watching.

2 Likes

This week I had an instance where the previous evenings work had disappeared when I returned to my Digitakt.

I had saved the project though so when I reloaded it all came back.

1 Like

Please report this to Elektron, if you haven’t done already. Cheers mate!

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure jump step record is (half) broken. It works maybe…30 percent of the time. Usually in a fresh project and it will work, but most of the time it doesn’t. There’s a slight chance of user error on my (and others) part but I’m pretty sure it’s just bugged out. Hope for a fix soon!

Any news about the disappearing data? I refuse to believe that we all have broken capacitors after updating to 1.50

How many capacitors does a Digitakt contain? 50? 500? So it is simply stupid to assume that the same capacitor in every DT blew up when 1.50 came out.

2 Likes

same happened to me

Sequencing and CC’ing microgranny with DT.
Somehow whenever the DT is running midi cc is not being transmitted properly, the encoders that are assigned to parameters of the Microgranny don’t do anything.

Only after I press stop on the DT the corresponding encoders on the DT transmit to the Microgranny.

I had similar weird issues going on when sequencing and CC’ing the 0Coast.

Anyone else with a Microgranny has similar issues?
Someone with a MG kind enough to replicate the issue, sequence and automate it from a midi channel on the DT?

Don’t know if this is a OS 1.50 bug but I just found that if I disable a trig when the sequencer is at the step just before this trig, the trig is still played.

Say for instance Trig 8 is enabled and I disable it when the sequencer it at step 7, Trig 8 will still be played when the sequencer arrives at Trig 8. This happens just once and then the next time the sequencer arrives at Trig 8 it will not be played.

This is more visible when the sequencer stays a long time on each step, at very low bpm or when choosing a low track scale, like 1/8x

Anyone can reproduce?

1 Like

I came up against an odd one I hadn’t noticed before at the weekend.

With the sequencer stopped and any sample track selected, when I went into chromatic mode, the record button became inactive. I couldn’t start real time (or step recording although that makes some sense) from that state and had to come out of it, start realtime recording and then switch to chromatic mode. Maybe this is by design but it just felt awkward to me.

In my case, the support initially thought the auto-save function was defective and that it was due to a capacitor. When I explained my problem in more detail (see above) they said it was “unheard of” and offered me to send in the digitakt or try to recreate the problem myself. Unfortunately, none of this is an option at the moment, so I make a backup every two days :sweat_smile:

I have some Digitone LFOs assigned to a track on the Digitakt. When I just recorded some external audio (not from DN) into the DT and previewed it before saving, the Digitone LFOs were low pass filtering the preview? Is this a known thing? The filter sweeps didn’t end up in the recording after saving. When I turned off the Digitone, the preview filtering stopped happening.

Unsure if this is to do with the OS update, but first power-on after updating, trig buttons 4-8 weren’t working for me at all, completely dead. Power cycled and disconnected USB, they’re all now fine. :woozy_face:

EDIT: Had this occur to me again on two different power cycles yesterday. Went into Debug mode and all the buttons worked fine, power cycled again and the buttons were all OK again. Feels like it’s less of a hardware problem and something weird’s happening in the software.

I miss Elk Herd! can’t fetch projects anymore…

5 Likes

My Play button is not lighting up :frowning: it is still working though :slight_smile:

Not sure if it’s a bug, so correct me in case I’m wrong:

Usually, red [TRIG] on sequencer + [YES] fires up sample and all its setting on that specific step.
However, in conjunction with activated RETRIG option, [TRIG] + [YES] gives silence.

I don’t remember the exact implementation of that logic on previous OS versions, but it seems pretty obvious that you want to be able to prelisten retrig settings simultaniously on isolated steps rather then loop the full sequence to listen if the settings match your expectations.

retrigs have never been auditionable with trig+yes unfortunately

4 Likes

Not sure where to post this since I don’t see a bug thread for 1.51. After upgrading I now hear a pop/click when sampling. It happens through Analogue ins and usb audio. The click is always in the same spot, about half a second into the recording. The source has no clicks, there is no clipping, etc.

Is there a place where I can get 1.50A firmware so I can downgrade?

1 Like

I noticed the same thing yesterday and was wondering why I couldn’t get rid of it.