Digitakt 1.20 & Digitone 1.30

Cool, thanks!

1 Like

Yes! This would open a gate to great live playing variations.

1 Like

Not near but don’t you hold the TiedNotesEntry Key down and press up/down - that’s how you shift octaves in other modes

edit just realised you mentioned MultiMap edit mode - i think that one stumped me - forced me to use External MultiMap which is much much better anyway

1 Like

Use auto channel to get external keyboard to work. Auto channel is sort of viewed as the default behavior that should be done with direct midi channels more for using a complete external midi sequencer.

Answered, but I quote the release note (the last of improvements long list :content:)

It is now possible to live record Sound pool Sounds from the Sound Manager or Sound Browser.

Probably my favorite feature after Probability… :okej:

4 Likes

I spotted this on an A4 beta a while back - i think it’s still an undocumented underused workflow - but it’s my go to way to add percussives and spice to the A4/AR - so i was very sad to see it wasn’t on the DN - did a bit of heavy hint dropping about continuity between boxes and it appeared last minute - transforms this already amazing machine imho, at least for me - super chuffed this made it, it has a different capability and flavour to MultiMap and it benefits from visibility of the sound names

3 Likes

Yeah I did this to a track today, this update adds so much life to old existing tracks. Chance prob along with live recording sound pool/manager sounds makes a 4 on the floor tecnho track experimental and improvy, lots of happy accidents.

2 Likes

Could you elaborate on that “class compliant” thing? The only thing I understand is that one can connect to iOS, but I have the feeling there’s more to it, right?
Thanks

There are one or two threads discussing possibilities, look in digitone subforum

Anyway to adjust usb audio output or is it the same as overbridge where it’s one level no matter what. Why Is it they did this again? I get the whole headroom thing but do they not trust us to adjust the levels ourselves? Apologies if this has already been explained but I can’t find anyway to adjust the volume. Thanks!

I will say I’m not a big ios guy for music but being able to run all the digitakt tracks through iPad effects is pretty rad. Easy way to come up with ideas or extra layers for songs. I can get the levels pretty close to where I want them using compressor/distortion/individual track levels I just wish there was a master volume control for usb out. Perhaps im missing something.

1 Like

Works perfect, thank you @Elektron

1 Like

If you crank the overdrive, track level maxed, start using the filter with resonance, delay feedback high, etc, you definitely want the full amount of headroom. It’s digital, clean, so raise or boost as you like with no downsides.

3 Likes

I was just thinking about it, as my last video recording with DN + iPhone was pretty low. I’d have to crank up everything, the master don’t suffice.

Yeah I think this has been discussed before but that kind of seems like more of a unique use case to have everything cranked up all at once. Would it not be possible to give the option to adjust volume ourselves or keep this default implementation with extra headroom? I have no clue how these things are implemented so maybe it’s not possible.

What software are you using on Linux?

I just did it with control all on tracks level and maxed master level. Quick and the level doesn’t seem that bad.
It is complicated to increase amp level if you use soundlocks.

I want to use the Digitone (and my other Elektron gear which is AH and AR) via USB with the open source MOD Devices stack which is featured in their products like the Mod Duo X. You can try it on a PC (the easiest way might be running a Docker container) or a Raspberry Pi (using Patchbox OS) as well.

If you just wanted some general Linux software recommendations: try Bitwig.

1 Like

Theres a setting in settings that makes the output louder - USB audio I think.
Not with my DN now…

:thup: In Audio Routing

USB TO MAIN
Sets the amount of amplification of the sound that is streamed over USB to the Digitone main out when used with Overbridge or as a class compliant audio device. (0 dB–+18 dB)

New feature?
Didn’t noticed it in Audio Routing previously.