Digitakt 1.07 : Bug reports

The not working undo is pretty jacked, given how easy it is to accidentally clear a pattern.

Edit: Digitakt 1.07 : Bug reports

2 Likes

Iā€™ve not experienced that issue. Undo seems to be working fine on my box. Itā€™s strange how much ymmv on different DT units.

Strange, maybe mine needs resetting then.

Edit - yes a reset fixes it Digitakt 1.07 : Bug reports

Edit 2 - alas only a partial fix, if the pattern loops before undo its lost.

Youā€™re not wrong, some of the negative feedback is not warranted, but a lot of it is.

Remember that the DT has been out over a year, and version 1.06 came out quite recently, we now on 1.07 and still lots of bugs. Look at the graphics bugs, bugs with conditional trigs, the list goes onā€¦ Iā€™m surprised there are still people so quick to defend Elektron on this.
I own a DT and can tell u yes its usable, but I have functions I still cannot use reliably and its annoying as hell.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve had my dt for about a year so I know how long it took for 1.06 to come, I personally started on 1.02. And there no defending elektron here. Funny seems anytime Iā€™ve mentioned something is working fine on my unit the defending elektron comment surfaces.
As I stated it seems like ymmv across dt boxes. I havenā€™t experienced any graphical errors when using conditionals, my undo is working, Iā€™ve never had a problem with large samples, my unit has never frozen, etc.
I donā€™t know why it is this way but many times Iā€™ve tried recreating some of the bugs to help find solutions and no dice on getting the unit to bug out.

3 Likes

I get it, not everyone is experiencing the same issuesā€¦ but quite a few people are, including myself.

Taken in isolation your comment is simply you expressing a positive experience I get it, but since your reply to me starts with ā€œI donā€™t really think this is true.ā€ Sound like you are in fact defending Elektron.

Ok, I noticed that line was removed from your original comment, kinda proves my point :wink:

1 Like

The reply wasnā€™t actually to you. It was to the comment after yours. It was in reply to the person stating that a lot of things in the DT just donā€™t work. And I stand by what I said, that just isnā€™t true.
Not sure how you see that as defending but everyone is allowed their own perspective.

Edit: not sure what you think I removed either as I didnā€™t remove anything. Still opens with the not true statement. I guess your point wasnā€™t proven.

i ran into the same issue the other night. cleared a pattern and there was no ability to undo it.

1 Like

:smiley: Yep, my bad, was probably past my bedtime when I replied last nightā€¦I was looking at the wrong message.
I guess my point is my gripes and frustration with the DT are totally justified, Iā€™m not hating on Elektron and Iā€™m in my rights to voice it but there always someone who feels the need to reject any suggestion of wrong doing by Elektron to the point of madness. But if thats not u then apologies :wink:

3 Likes

A follow up to the UNDO function not working:

Save your current project.
Load preset project.
Turn off.
Hold function, turn on.
Press trig 3 for factory reset.
Now it should work as expected.

3 Likes

Somehow a sample will not be played by a trig ā€¦has this happened to anybody else? I already cleared all the settings. Tried to record trigs in chromatic mode ā€¦and still nothing is being played.

Yeah, I guess you were sleepy or something cause defending elektron is not what was going on. Everyone who bought a DT has a right to be unhappy about how things panned out. Someone made a blanket statement, which I didnā€™t agree with and I voiced that. Sorry, if you donā€™t agree with my statements.

Check to make sure the track you are recording to is not muted?
Sound will still play from a muted track if the trig is pressed or its in chromatic mode but the sequencer will not output sound while its playing.

The track is not muted @jefones

Run a MIDI monitor in your DAW, see if any messages are sent when messing w/ bank change

I would LOVE to know, how many of these reported bugs happen with users using MIDI loopback. Not to reintroduce MIDI loopback into this thread again lol, was reprimanded last time. But - in addition to OS, it would be good to know what else is going on with oneā€™s DT in terms of connections when reporting a bug.

2 Likes

MIDI loopback :fire::heart_eyes::joy:

it has to be on 14

I posted this in the the ā€œfeatures requestā€ thread, but I think it is somewhere in between both threads.

When using ā€œFunc + assignable midi cc knobā€ to switch the value to ā€œ0ā€ it takes about a half second. This makes it impossible to use on the fly since it drops out off-groove.

Specifically, I have been using the midi cc to control my AR performance mode, and that half second turns into a whole beat off-tempo.

i definitely ran into that also. i could see the steps light up but nothing would sound and nothing was muted. i ending up hitting the pad when not in step edit and it magically started playing again. iā€™m hoping a factory reset will also fix this, because if it happens again thatā€™s pretty much my breaking point.