Digitakt 1.06 : Bug reports

Could you put a ticket in please :slight_smile:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Digitakt 1.05 : Bug reports

Just got a new DT. I love it but its very buggy. My question is whether the bugs will be–and can be–fixed or if it is flawed and I should return it. Right now it’s very fun, but too disruptive to use seriously. The main problem is that the MIDI implementation isn’t good. Timing is off at times with the DT timing behind my DAW, it requires restarts, etc. I’ve noticed 3-4 problems with respect to MIDI in the last 24 hours since I got it. I’m using the USB connection for MIDI.

Advice would be appreciated. I’m not a tester and simply don’t have the time to recreate this and provide any more description. I can admit that there could be problems with my DAW or interfaces not attributable to the DT, I’m not sure. I’ve been using synths (and Elektron products) for 15 years.

Thanks,

have you got the latest firmware? I found a big improvement in MIDI stability from 1.04 to 1.05.

1 Like

There is a bug with how the DT responds to Program Change messages. Elektron have confirmed they are looking into it.

Done! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have never used these functions but here is what i have found -

1. Yes, the manual is clearly wrong here. Func + clear just clears the sequence. I’d like to find the command that works properly.
  2. This works fine for me, but I have to be careful because it only clears tracks that are not muted, so if i hit a track that isn’t currently playing it will play the sound of that track, which could be embarrassing. What do you mean by there’s always one left?
    edit - it always plays the sound of the track you press, not just ones that are muted.

If this was for me I was talking about the press NO plus a trig to clear trigs for as long as you hold the trigs down. I know the controls you mention in your post but I wasn’t talking about them.

Yep its a bug in the manual. Im on it and it will be fixed in the next version of the manual. Thanks for pointing it out.
As Fenzies say this is how you can remove Parameter locks in LIVE RECORDING MODE:

You can also remove specific parameter locks on a track in real time. In LIVE RECORDING mode, press and hold [NO] and then press and hold the DATA ENTRY knob that controls to the parameter that you want to remove.

4 Likes

Wait.
I know about how to remove locks for a specific parameter by holding NO + the corresponding encoder while in Live Rec mode.
But do you mean that there is a magic trick to remove all p-locks at once, or am I understanding wrongly what’s is said ?

Nono we are talking about the same thing here. The procedure I mention in my earlier post. Sorry to get your hopes up :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I don’t know if it’a a feature or a bug, but when I want to disable conditional plock by turning the knob I can’t reach the off state (by turning the knob counter-clock-wise) I am only able to set the first condition [FILL]. The only way to disable it is by pressing the encoder knob. But I would expect the same functionality as in LFO Destination, where it has the “meta:none” option which would be the off state of conditional trig.

It’s been that way since the start, not sure if it’s on the list of things to fix or it’s a work around solution…

This is no bug, indeed.
You clear a plock by pressing the encoder.
When plucking an LFO destination you might want to plock “none” (although I haven’t tested if this works)

1 Like

MIDI sync to my DAW no longer works. I tried using the usb cable instead of my midi interface (which worked fine with os 1.04) and it will play the sequence but the tempo is no longer synced…

A few things have changed midi wise. For example the auto channel on the DT is different in 1.06 than it was in 1.04. Maybe a quick go over to see if everything is still configured right between the daw and the DT.

Unplugged the midi cable and it works again. It doesn’t like to cooperate with my midi interface for some reason but USB does the trick.

if u wanna record a quite close trig before and sometimes after another prerecorded or layed down, the last recorded will replace its closest that you will never hear after (though while recording it was clearly audible as a double shot) as a result to making an unwanted garbage groove.
Just slow ones are working.
As soon you closer than 1/32bar ( in microtiming so a 1/2 step) you re in the dead zone and new trig will replace its closest.
You have to rerecord the double shot.

not talking the fact that retrigs aren’t recorded live as mentioned in the manual. don’t know if it’s about new Os but ive never noticed it before.

making a ticket

1 Like

midi track CC send the value …and the value of the pots filter page:

Hello, lets say i want an automation, in CC74 for example, like this :
step 1 CC74, value 30
step 5 CC74, value 60
Step 9 CC74, value 90
Step 13 CC74, value 127
on filter page, the pots value is set à 127 (or wathever) message send:
step 1 : Value 30 and 127
step 5 : Value 60 and 127
step 9: Value 90 and 127
step 13 : Value 127 only

if the pots en filter page is set en 0, it will send:
step 1 : Value 30 and 0
step 5 : Value 60 and 0
step 9: Value 90 and 0
step 13 : Value 127 and 0

it’s very annoying, if i want use the CC to open a filter… i find a workaround: i disable de pots en filter page, but it’s noter very cool it seem this bug wasn’t there at 1.4, i’m not sure, but whan i see this video, it’s looks like it working properly… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edAedYGrnRM

Chiming in that the LFO’s on audio tracks seem to ‘overrun’ sometimes and influence later steps. I’ll put a 1/8 length Yellow lock in and the LFO from it will influence the sound for the rest of the pattern.

Had another problem where copying track info/step info across patterns would seem to leave phantom locks on tracks, I was using a wavetable sample and it would use old positions and ignore the pasted info. If I locked the start of the first note in place it would fix it, but was weird behavior. I was going to film it but I cleared the pattern by accident. :joy: