Digitakt 1.06 : Bug reports

Much to my surprise, even though it’s not in the release notes, the retrig rate adjustment has been changed to an easier means of adjusting with increments of (1/2). Making it much easier to adjust values with the encoder.

However, the retrig length parameter still uses the old means of adjusting it’s value (floats and fractions) and is still far too oversensitive in my opinion. Using the same system as the retrig rate or implementing less encoder sensitivity for retrig’s length parameter would be very welcomed. Thanks so much for the quick turn around! :grinning:

3 Likes

Freeze when i was initialising a new project.

I cant move samples to a subdirectory, always getting Error-messages.

1 Like

I was having this on 1.05 too. But it was partially working

My global mutes don´t work anymore, just the pattern mutes.
In a different Projekt they work both.
I´m new to digitakt, so maybe I´m doing something wrong and its not a bug.
any Idea?

I found something odd with the recorder page… I have SRC: EXT L, with monitoring on. My 0-Coast is plugged in to the InputL jack.

Now, when I press [FUNC] + [YES] to begin recording, a waveform starts showing on the screen even though I haven’t played anything on the 0-Coast yet:

digi-01

Note the level meter shows no signal, and no peak indicator because again, I have not yet played anything on the 0-coast. There is NO hiss or hum audible through my headphones, either. Just silence.

Then, when I start to play the 0-Coast, the display changes to this (showing the silence at the beginning, as expected, and as you can see the level meter is now showing signal and a peak from me actually playing a sound):

digi-02

This is normal or at least I have the same behavior since I got the machine. The digitakt is recordings the “noise floor”. If you turn up the recording threshold on the digitakt it will go away.

2 Likes

Weird. I don’t seem to remember it like that before, but then the last time I was sampling I guess I had a continuous signal coming in and didn’t notice it. It still seems kind of dumb and wrong to me, though.

Why the hell wouldn’t they make the display act like literally every other audio editor and DAW ever written? Sometimes I’m truly baffled by the design decisions made on gear today.

all you have to do is up your threshold and it stops doing that. I couldn’t tell you why they implemented it that way but it can be useful as the noise floor itself can be sampled

3 Likes

Not sure if this is a bug but here goes.

Long sample, say drone/long note. Amp envelope gradual slope both ends. Loop set in middle of sample. Plays forward as expected. Smooth start and end of loop audio. Trig lock loop to play reverse same amp env results in audible click when sample plays from end of loop.

From 1.04 bug reports :

Hi just got my digitakt today…it was already with firmware 1.04 so its the new batch i guess…and I have this thing that kinda annoys me and i wanna know if it is a bug or not…when Im in LFO or SRC menus and turn C and D knobs at the same time, the display becomes glitchy and unusable for a while…is this normal?? thank you

This has been fixed! Nice!

Posted it in news, reposting in this thread:

Having the same problem (Digitakt refusing to update), I was already having issues with Transfer it refused to connect, after going through the forums and trying all solutions, then a support ticket (which pointed me to an uninstall-reinstall) the problem subsided, then it came back again all by itself.

Tried c6 and it’s refusing to transfer the file (Digitakt not even saying it’s receiving anything at all) Computer also not receiving any sysex dump from the Digitakt.

I’m really scared if there’s a bug in 1.05 that disabled all USB input-output on my device.

I have opened another ticket… Fingers crossed.

Note: I have everything as it should be (Output input set on USB, no audio interface running, No MIDI plugged in digitakt, restarted both machine and digitakt)

Running OS 1.05. Computer is a Mac

Maybe this has been posted about before but when I am on the sampling screen, and I have midi out connected and a sound source connected to Input L, I am unable to preview the sound I have just recorded and am trimming. This happens every time I try to sample with these connections made to the DT (no problems in the past when midi is not connected), for at least the first time I try to sample after startup.
Sometimes I am able to preview the second sample, but not always.
Thanks!

Do you have a midi track enabled while you are trying to preview the sound?, if so change it to an audio track.

Opened a ticket but just in case : anybody got the same result with test mode ? Did another test after this one and no more error

I had the same problem with v1.0.5 and the Transfer app. I’ve reverted to C6 and all went fine.

1 Like

One thing I noticed is if I set the LFO on a MIDI track to a CC and start modulating that CC, and then if on the SRC page, I FUNC-PRESS to disable the MIDI channel, the LFO keeps sending data on that channel.

1 Like

Something strange happened today, I’ve never encountered this before so I’m thinking this has something to do with 1.06. So, I sampled a string sound off of my Mother 32, played a C note, saved it as M32STRING. Didn’t assign it to a track straightaway. Then selected an empty track with default settings and went to SRC page. The sample list displayed my string sound as just ´STRING´. When I played it in keyboard mode it was tuned down by 13 semitones. That was weird, so I deleted the sound (in the samples menu) and went back to the sampling page and saved it again, selected it from the sample source list where it was now named correctly and it played back as it should have done in the first place. Very strange behaviour. I didn’t change any track settings in the process.

No idea, I already encountered the error during a test mode when the machine was in 1.04. Hardware issue ?

I have CLOCK SEND off.

It’s clearly sending CC info, not clock info down that channel stream, as I can monitor the MIDI data being sent (I use a MIDI patchbay connected to DAW via USB) and using a MIDI monitor can see exactly what kind of data is being sent. It’s LFO CC data on the specified controller # w/out question.

And yes, muting the track doesn’t stop the data flow. Changing the CHANNEL on SRC page moves the data to a diff channel. Hitting STOP twice doesn’t stop it either. As stated before, even FUNC+Press to “X” out the MIDI Channel on SRC page doesn’t stop the stream. The only two things that seem to stop this MIDI stream is 1) change to a different pattern that uses that channel and hit PLAY 2) reboot DT