Digitakt 1.04 : Bug reports

same here

it works if your last selected track is an audio (and not midi) track. So if preview doesnā€™t work just select an audio track, not muted, and then itā€™ll work

2 Likes

Hi Folks, Iā€™m new around around here. Excited to be part of the community. This appears to be the best forum for my question, excuse me if itā€™s not.

When turning on my Digitakt it makes a slight pop/static sound on startup. Is this normal behaviour?

Mine does, cant speak for anyone else but it sounds normal to me.

Yes, mine does this too. Probably nothing to worry about.

mine pops as well - nothing to worry about :slight_smile:

Every digital box I have makes little pop through the audio output when I turn it on. I got in the habit of keeping that mixer channel muted until itā€™s booted.

2 Likes

Thank you for the quick responses everyone. Really appreciate the sanity check. Have a good day! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Even though the manual states that pattern chain consists of maximum 64 patterns, I canā€™t get mine playing chains longer than 6-7 patterns. When i try to play a chain of say 14 patterns it ā€œstucksā€ somewhere around 5th or 6th.

Anyone else having this issue on 1.04?

Still get the odd note hanging in chromatic mode, not a sticky key just buggy note length. Last nights session had the 16 key doing it a few times at one point, reloading the pattern removed the problem.

Hi, I donā€™t know if this is specifically 1.04 related but I started to notice this just after i made the update yesterday.

So what happens is that if there is many pixels lite on the same row in the display, object to the left becomes somewhat dimmed. In some pages its very visible in the top ā€˜status barā€™ of the screen. It is also visible in the waveform display, at the center of the waveform. I have tried to capture this on camera but i was kind of hard to do.
Does any one else have this phenomena on your display? Or maybe mine is broken?

1 Like

Itā€™s a known issue.

1 Like

ah, thank you!

Yours is a different kind of bad, mines only dull in line with longer horizontal lines. yours appears to be all dull with a few diagonal patches of brighter pixels, those bright areas in the sample tail dont make much sense either. Do the areas move with screen adjustments?, either way its outside the norm imo.

I donā€™t think iā€™ve ever had a piece of equipment that didnā€™t pop when powered up, analog or digital they all do it. The trick is to have your mixer master muted until all gear us powered up and all amps are on.

4 Likes

The diagonal brighter lines are not visible to the eye. I suspect its just a camera shutter sync thing due to the refresh rate of the display. So Iā€™m not to worried about them, and now when I did read that some darker horisontal lines are normal with this kind of display Iā€™m a happy Digitakt Cat again :cat2:

On the sample page, FUNC + yes to audition newly recorded sample stopped working. I have rebooted numerous times. It comes back, then goes away.

Also on the same day: MIDI assignments just stop working mid-jam. Example: set up MIDI channel one to run the Meeblip Triode, it works fine and then something just stops working, like a filter that is being controlled from Digitakt.

I had no problems with DT until today, and itā€™s been nothing but glitches all day.

The midi issue is pretty common I assume they have to be working this one out it was the main feature a lot of us bought this little guy. I get a freeze at least once a day with midi.

It all just waited and crept up on me a month after buying it. Fun! :frowning:

1 Like

The func + yes preview of a sample only works when you have an audio track selected. It doesnā€™t work when you have a midi track selected.

The midi issue turns up when you use two encoders at the same time for cc messages apparently. Will be fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like