Digitakt 1.04 : Bug reports

More than 45 days of waiting for 1.05! I wish we could have the midi bugs fixed by now!

5 Likes

another week passed by and no information or update available for the DTā€¦

At least some words from the company describing a roadmap or so would be niceā€¦

They took my money and now they could deliver a bugfree machineā€¦

that would be niceā€¦

mehā€¦

:fury:

4 Likes

would indeed, anxiously waiting

They were on holidays July and August, and probably focused on getting the Mk2 gear out. You might be waiting a bit longer.

Thanks for the reply. No not muted :slight_smile:

I have an Arturia Keystep connected to the Digitakt and Iā€™m using auto channel to pass the Keystep midi through to 8 synth modules connected to the Digitakt via a the Midisolutions M8.

When I select Midi A B or C on the Digitakt the midi passes from the Keystep to the corresponding module just fine. D to H nothing - and yes the modules are set to receive on the correct channels.

I havenā€™t actually got to the stage where I have any data on any midi tracks. Iā€™m just trying to send midi from the Arturia Keystep to the modules using the Digitakt as a hub.

Using auto channel I want to be able to select Midi A-H on the Digitakt and have midi sent out to the corresponding midi channel. This works on Midi tracks A B and C but not D to H.

Havenā€™t read through everything on this so I apologize if it has already been mentioned, but Iā€™ve encountered a bug where you canā€™t preview samples, at least in the record buffer, maybe the other sample pages too, when the current track youā€™re in is a midi track. Switching to an audio track allows previewing again.

Also, maybe not a bug but rather a remnant from the Rytmā€™s retrig menu, the option to turn the Retrig on or off simply says Retrig, as in the Retrig button on the AR, when itā€™s actually the A knob which controls this. Now that Iā€™ve found this I got it, but itā€™s pretty confusing since it doesnā€™t label what actually controls this parameter.

5 Likes

Gah! That was it! somehow I missed that. I donā€™t even remember enabling the output channels on A B and C but I must have done it a while ago and forgot I did it.

Thank you so much! :blush:

1 Like

my function button i believe is getting stuck os wise. not the physical button but the fucntion action itself.

1. I was saving the sounds from a pattern, press funct+pattern button for import export
  2. use func+arrow buttons to input name and save sound.
  3. do this 8 times.
  4. press the pattern button without func pressed to change name of pattern and the import/export sound menu comes up as if the func button is pressed.
  5. fixed by powering off and on machine.

Its happened twice, once randomly and once when trying to recreate.

I noticed when the machine is playing one pattrn(with loops, samples, feel in, effectsā€¦etc):
Some slowing of reading flow Is the machine too much solicited?
Does this fix it with the updates?
Thanks

It would be great if Digitakt remembers mute mode after restart. So far it always returns to Global mutes, so you need to activate Per-pattern mutes manually after each power on

1 Like

Check about the Clear pattern fonction,it will resolve your problem

Not sure what you mean. How is Clear pattern function related to Mute Mode?

He doesnā€™t know what heā€™s talking about. That issue annoys me as well. I want to have pattern mute mode on all the time but I have to switch to it every time I power up the unit.

5 Likes

Anyone experienced problems sending Aftertouh data over Midi? It seems to work on one midi track but wonā€™t work on another oneā€¦ :frowning:

1 Like

Not to imply you donā€™t know how it works, but because these things happen:
did you enable the AT control on the SRC page by Func-pressing the encoder?

I only ask because a similar thing happened to @mitzush and it was a user error :grimacing:

after mapping a CC value to the G and H encoders on a Midi track on the AMP page, no CC changes are sent out when i turn the encoders on the FLTR page. strangely enough when i Func+Click the encoder to activate it, midi for the paramater is sent once. No problems on A to F encoders.

Anyone experienced this?

I think Iā€™ve found a ā€œquirkā€
Not sure whether this is a thing or not as quite new to elektron but couldnā€™t find it in the manual
When not in step recording mode
If you press and hold a button, say button 1, and whilst holding press FUNC, the pattern of that track stops playing, even though itā€™s not muted when you look at it in mute mode, it only plays again when you press the button again to play the sound, can actually be quite handy, when you WANT to do it haha
Has this come up before? Can anyone replicate this?

1 Like

Been using a lot of MIDI CCs coming out of the Digi, but havenā€™t touched G or H until now. I just tested G and H, theyā€™re working fine here (manual and LFO control). I used the following settings:

Track 10
Midi Channel 10
G - CC9
H - CC3

My Digi is connected to an Endorphin.es Shuttle control via USB. I monitored the MIDI output too and things are looking fine.

Have you tried a fresh pattern or project?

1 Like

Still getting random freezes out of nowhere when using midi. Was checking out a pattern while sequencing a pair of synths when the machine crashed, just like that, without even touching anything. The pattern was audible but the synths wonā€™t play and the DT buttons were just unresponsive.

Iā€™m on the brink of returning this, seriously