Digitakt 1.04 : Bug reports

I just ran into the quick save issue again (1.04). Created a new project and created a pattern, pressed func + cog button, typed in a name for my project. Saving was successful, but after it had finished, the “Done” popup wouldn’t disappear and the buttons became unresponsive. Ca anyone confirm?

Where did you find the manual for 1.04? I can only find the one on the elektron site and it seems to before for an older version. Thanks!

All my sample folders disappeared I could only see ram. Had to do a reboot and they reappeared.

Could you elaborate? What do you mean by disappeared?
When you are in the sample browser, you van press left arrow and choose “view ram”. You can do the same to go back to view the +drive :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

When working with MIDI tracks, if you setup a chord on a MIDI track, only the base note plays when you press the pad (but if you sequence that pad, the chord is played).

I think its logical that you can audition the chord you are building by pressing the associated pad, but it goes back to playing the base note when you go into chromatic mode.

1 Like

Yes I mean from view ram I couldnt go left except back to the main settings page where Project etc is. Fixed after reboot and seems ok so far this morn! To add further which may be a clue to this “crash/bug”. This morning I realised this had occured after trying to send two failed too large files via transfer to the digi. Could this have been why?

Great thanks, though so far seems to be same as one I had, which is a relief as I just emailed my pdf off yesterday to get a hard copy printed which wasnt too bad at under £9.00 inc p&P. Out of interest where did you locate this file was it just from the standard digitakt support page on the Elektron site? Thanks again. FTR mine doesnt have 1.04 in the title but was only downloaded last thurs/fri.

If you have a look at the bottom of page 9 of the manual, you can see what version it is for, and when it was last updated.

2 Likes

Will test that first bit. :slight_smile:

Yeah, this is the one from the Elektron site, I checked and saw 1.04 so I linked it…

I can confirm.
Had it happen on 1.03, right out of the box, which prompted me to update to 1.04.
After having updated it happened two more times. No solution I could find but to turn the device off and on again.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Ticket logged, acknowledged by Elektron. They’re on it.

2 Likes

When previewing sample for assign them in the pool, the preview stops working after after a while. Can not assign any sample, until i reboot the DT.
It happens when a pattern is playing, and it’s systematic (after maybe 20 sample assigned to the same slot, it happens).

I don’t know if i was clear. Tell me if you understand the bug.

Thank you.

another one.

if you put the retrig to INF. it won’t retrig at all.

if it would, you could easily fill hihats with just one trig over the whole pattern.

…and another one.

if you put the 1 trig to retrig at level 127, it will retrig but unfortunately loose his value if you live record for example the TUNE parameter in realtime recording mode.

I wish they expand this little beast to the brim.

If the manual you printed says its for 1.04, you should be ok. There are only some minor error fixes and cosmetic stuff that is changed between the two last revisions of the 1.04 manual. Actually, even the changes from the 1.03 manual to the 1.04 manual are really small. I think the only the real change was concerning the chromatic keyboard range on MIDI tracks.

2 Likes

This.

I thought it was a really esoteric design choice, and now I’m extremely chuffed to see it’s a known bug.

Banging.

I’m not going to send in extensive bug reports and waste my time trying to hunt down bugs which cause my digitakt to completely lock up just from sending clock and one midi channel for one synth. If sending in bug reports are required for me to get a functioning machine I will be sending in a bill for my services to the company. If nobody at Elektron can recreate this misbehavior of the digitakt or care to acknowledge it and make known to public I will go out of my way to let as many potential buyers know the problems with this machine, in fact already have told two potential customers. This is a pretty decent product but it’s def not a must have for having fun with music and def not the best workflow.

The digitakt has locked up countless times while sending out basic midi notation to one synth (tested with several different synths) and has actually caused my Yamaha V50 to lock up and cause the screen to go blank forcing me to do a complete factory reset to the V50. In the 7 years I’ve had that no hardware sequencer or daw has caused that to happen. WTF?!?! Would be really nice if elektron posted warnings on their page (or anywhere) of the potential threats digitakt may cause.

1 Like

No idea if this is a bug or just my machine but my Digitakt will not output midi to external devices on midi tracks D E F G or H.

I have the midi out from the Digitakt going into a Midisolutions M8

A B and C are working fine.
iit outputs midi clock and slaves Rytm ok.

Anybody know what might be happening?