Digitakt 1.03 : Bug reports

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Support suspect this is a Hardware issue, so going to have to return the unit.

Man, Iā€™m going to miss this machine until I get a replacement !

1 Like

Experienced my first lockup yesterday, was recording chromatic trigs into a MIDI track, dropped out of Chromatic mode and turned off grid record (I think) and it froze. Kept playing, but couldnā€™t do anything. Lost a pretty nice groove :frowning:

Seems way less reliable when anythingā€™s plugged into MIDI Input. Thatā€™s a shame, I have two great new samplers (MPC Live and Digitakt) and both go mental when slaved to MIDI. Itā€™s like battle for master clock over here.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve put it through itā€™s paces and can report the following:

1. Random pop clicks coming from the input (even if nothing is plugged in)
2. Freeze multiple times daily
3. Almost turned into a brick - Now this one was bad, all was well and then the audio and screen glitched (Matrix** screen) the unit shut down and wouldnā€™t power back on. I cycled the power and nothing. Finally decided to pull the plug from the back of the unit and plug it back and magically it powered on.

I may have to sort myself a NAMM17 Digitakt display. I really hope the fixes are near along with OB.

1 Like

I had the screen glitches too, Elektron Support suggested it could be a hardware issue, so to return it, which is a real shame.

Also had the not booting / blank screen issue when restarting after this (or the Save freeze).

Thing is, it only happened twice over a 5 day period.

ughā€¦ I would hate to have to return it and wait again, but if the unit is badā€¦ no choice I suppose.

1 Like

Yeah, only a few days use and Iā€™m missing it big time. I love the OT, but trying to create the same flow on there really reveals just how smart and quick the design is with this machine.

1 Like

Has anyone else experienced issues with clicks / noise appearing after saving & re-loading a pattern? I was working on a pattern yesterday, saved it and powered down, but having switched the Digitakt on again, a number of tracks now have sharp noise / clicks at the beginning and end of each sample.

Each affected track is using the same Sound, all with long attack / decay times and the sample set to loop. My guess is that whatever fade-ins / fade-outs the Digitakt uses to mask non-zero crossings when a playing sample is retriggered have somehow been affected?

Iā€™m going to try and replicate the issue tonight and submit a support ticket, but wanted to check if this issue has come up before!

1 Like

Iā€™m so sad. With 1.02 I could make music. With 1.03 not anymore.

It is freezing all the time when loading samples while playing music. Sometimes the Digitakt donā€™t even start when powering off/on. Then I have to switch it off/on 2nd or 3rd time before restarting.

Sometimes It gave me some message when freezing:

Hi I had this issue too when loading new samples ā€œload to projā€ while the sequencer was running. Since then I always stop all before going in to the samples menu. Havenā€™t had any issues when nothing is playing. Also I never use the quick-save ever anymore since 1.3. Only, stop-button twice, then project menu and save from there.

Multiple daily crashes running 1.03 and transfer app not working.

With all due respect Elektron please at least provide some kind of update that you are working to correct these major bugs with the 1.03 release. Thank you.

couple things for me, not sure if theyā€™re bugs yet

when i play the digitakt using midi controllers, if i go up or down octaves out of range it starts playing other tracks?

if you set the lfo to sample and use a fast rate on random wave I would expect to hear it switching samples but itā€™s like it only plays the first the rest arenā€™t triggered?

also, when I set an lfo for whatever, lfo freq for example, I hear it modulating the sound, but donā€™t see it updating the changes on the display on the filter page, however if I do the same by sending cc values the display does update

Just in case anyone else encounters a similar issue, it seems that going back into the SRC page for any of the affected tracks, changing the sample assigned to the relevant project sample slot, and then changing it back to the original sample again fixes things across all the affected tracks. Bit of an annoying workaround, but at least it means the pattern isnā€™t permanently glitchy.

2 Likes

What makes you suspect that?

ā€œif you set the lfo to sample and use a fast rate on random wave I would expect to hear it switching samples but itā€™s like it only plays the first the rest arenā€™t triggered?ā€

Hi, not 100% sure, but if you are using the lfo as an envelope it will only do 1 wave, which I suppose might only trigger the first sample switch, check the lfo mode setting and set it to FRE. (not TRG). OR make sure the TRIGS are actually trigging the LFO (check LFO.T. in the TRIG menu.) That should trigger the LFO envelope again, at least I would assume.

Tired of these freezes. This time when saving a project while connected to computer via USB. Will it ever end?

1 Like

I sent a video to Elektron, support responded with possible hardware fault.

2 Likes

Do you have anything sending MIDI into DT? I had this with the DT wired up bidirectionally to AK. Sequence went silent, couldnā€™t recover. Doesnā€™t happen when nothing is connected to MIDI IN.

I had MIDI channels disabled for Tracks 1-8 also.

Sounds the same as what Iā€™ve found, as well as others. The project stays screwed. Have you tried Factory Reset ? Might be worth it, but I have a feeling that the invalid state is persisted to the Project itself.