Digitakt 0-Coast and MIDI config and control

Nah sorry, unfortunately I never worked it out :confused:

Does anyone know how to re map the midi cc messages within 0coast?

Want to change the mod wheel to function as cc 116. I can do it from DT but wanna see if I can set 116 to the mod wheel to change sub harmonics like loopop. Can only do it by assigning a new channel to cc 116

You cannot remap MIDI CC messages in the 0-Coast.

I know, the cat was using arturia midi map software thats how he remapped the wheel.

Thanks for answering tho

Def noob question

Hi there,

can someone help me configure Digitakt midi out? I try to send midi from Digitakt to my 0-coast,
but I don’t have midi activity on the 0-coast. I can only see midi activity when I change the Pitch Bend value, but not the sequence. In source page in Digitakt I have set the Channel 1. Not sure about what I’m supposed to configure in Channels parameters page, but I tried almost everything without success…

If this is the case, then the problem may not be the DT but, just in case:

Use a working MIDI cable to connect the DT’s MIDI Out port to the 0-Coast’s MIDI In.

In the DT’s SETTINGS > MIDI CONFIG > PORT CONFIG menu:

• set OUT PORT FUNC to “MIDI”;
  • set OUTPUT TO to “MIDI”.

On one of the DT’s MIDI sequencer tracks (for example, track A):

• set CHAN to 1 on the SRC page;
  • record some notes.

The 0-C’s MIDI setting procedure is truly awkward. I suggest that you reset it to its default settings by holding the PGM-A and PGM-B buttons while powering it up.

Thanks PeterHanes, I’ve tried to use 0-coast with beatstep pro with the same midi cable: 0-coast responds to midi signal, so the problem does’t come from my midi cable or from 0-coast.
DT’s midi settings seems ok.

Double-check your TRS midi adapters. Arturia TRS midi adapter is wired differently than the TRS midi adapter that comes with the O-Coast. Arturia, 1010music, and Faderfox are wired one way. Korg, TE, etc… are wired the other (now considered “standard” whatever that means)

1 Like

I’ve tried the same cable from different midi source: beatstep pro and ableton: midi cable is ok and adaptator too, 0-coast respond to midi from both but not from Digitakt. So I’m pretty sure that this is a config problem in the DT. Maybe in the Channels settings?
Here is my config:
TRACK 1 CHANNEL OFF
TRACK 2 CHANNEL OFF
TRACK 3 CHANNEL OFF
TRACK 4 CHANNEL OFF
TRACK 5 CHANNEL OFF
TRACK 6 CHANNEL OFF
TRACK 7 CHANNEL OFF
TRACK 8 CHANNEL OFF
TRACK A CHANNEL 1
TRACK B CHANNEL 2
TRACK C CHANNEL 3
TRACK D CHANNEL 4
TRACK E CHANNEL 5
TRACK F CHANNEL 6
TRACK G CHANNEL 7
TRACK H CHANNEL 8

I’ve tried the midi IN from a Behringer Neutron, same, no midi activity…

You need to set the midi channel from the midi track you are trying to use to control the o coast.

OK, so I’m in Track 9 (midi A), in SRC page Channel is set to Channel 1.

This could help too.

1. {MIDI Learn}: MIDI_A =
    This allows the possibility of MIDI A and MIDI B to receive data on different MIDI channels. Select which channel(s) are to be Programmed, then send MIDI data to allow it to learn, then, [HOLD] PGM_B in order to finish learning.
    • [PRESS] PGM_B to select MIDI CV Channel
    • MIDI_A = – Ready to Learn MIDI A
    • MIDI_B = – Ready to Learn MIDI B
    • MIDI_A & MIDI_B = – Ready to Learn Both
    • [Play] MIDI data on Channel to be Learned
    • [HOLD] PGM_B – Learn= <ALL LEDs FLASH 2X> to indicate Learned & Exit
    • [HOLD] PGM_A – set to MIDI CH . ALL (default)

Yes I already tried this, but nothing has changed…

It must be something very simple in the settings of DT. Don’t know what but the midi IN led of 0-coast lights up when I change the Pitch Bend, so 0-coast does receive some midi…

I manage to play the 0-coast in chromatic mode. So midi is working, but the sequencer doesn’t trig any note on 0-coast.

Have you inadvertently muted the sequencer track?

2 Likes

that’s it!

2 Likes