DIGIT* / M:S / M:C sharing same DSP: does this mean that

From the beginning I own an M:S, I wonder why/how guys from Elektron decide to sell a sample player not proposing at least on complete ADSR EG (yes, you can get AD eg where you don’t need the LFO, but such EG are suitable mostly for drums, and let see how painfull is the way to set Attack!, moreover, the One cycle/ Half cycle LFO modes that could eventually emulate simple EGs are not natively accessible from the interface, even if in fact they are there and could be also be P.Locked).

As DIGIT* / M:S / M:C are sharing the same DSP, it’s sound like it’s not about inner performances of respective machine…

From your opinion, does this mean that M:S/C missing features (not about analog/audio IOs obviously, rather about MIDI implementation / LFO / EG / OB) are just about a commercial strategy?
That’s sadly make me think that the cheap line won’t see any major update, like there are here just to trigger some frustration and then make you buy the upper series…

Will Elektron have a thought for Elektronauts who have a lot of teeth to repair before buying new gears?

Almost everything a commercial company does is based on a commercial strategy

4 Likes

If they add everything possible to the M:S and M:C, why should you buy a double that expensive Digitakt? If they add everything to the M:S and M:C you loose that Knob-Per-Function UI that those Machines provide.

a simple attack stage on the env wouldn’t hurt tho :joy:

2 Likes

I like how it’s done on the Circuit Rhythm. Turn left for Attack, turn right for Decay/Release

2 Likes

I agree, but improvement I’m dreaming of (about having one ADSR) won’t make a M:S a Digitakt…
And I won’t buy a Digi, cause it miss TimeStreching and so I will go into same trouble about Digi/OT :wink:
Never being happy with what I get is what makes my teeth fall out…stress

I always assumed that the Model machines were intended first and foremost as drum machines, in which case a more fully features ADSR isn’t really necessary. It’s never bothered me in the least. I can always do the LFO trick if I think I need a slower attack.

1 Like