DigiPAD - Launchpad Pro for Digitakt and synths

Sure, you can join up, get your fill of cool warez from my account, just pay for the 1 month and then stop the monthly thing right after that.
I love long term supporters and they do get extra benefits, but this other method works too - and I totally get it, many have utilized this.
If you still need a different method let me know and I’ll try to organize something up. (may take a bit)

1 Like

Hi! Been a bit. Absorbing a lot of new gear. Wrote a bunch of firmware updates to OpenLaunch (Launchpad Pro more for general synths)
Just recorded a jam on my Digitakt last night and will post soon. Man! Still Loving the Digitakt! It’s got a unique character! My “horizons” have been broadened by all the new stuff, but definitely still rockin’ the Takt!
So anyway, my next goal for DigiPad is to give Digitakt an arpegiator!!! (thru Launchpad Pro - just to be clear)
If that sounds good, any supporters would be welcome on my Patreon. I’m doing this and bringing a lot of enhancements to Digipad from what I’ve learned.

3 Likes

I may have to get a launchpad to get the song mode functionality I want out of the digitakt.

yah, idk if I’ve built song mode per se, but have done a lot to increase the live jammability of Digitakt in innovative and best-in-industry kind of ways. I basically brought the Roller feature from DrumBrute (and more options at that) to be on the LPP+DT combo.

this is way cool. can you use this for sample/sound loading

also does this take over total control or can i still do mutes/performance stuff on digi

yes, I made a mode for changing the sample on a track.

You can totally still use the Digitakt or Digitone as normal and this just extends your options…

Here’s where the docs are for it…
https://fenixsong.com/digipad/

2 Likes

Arpeggiator for Digitakt!!! (Digitone …not Octatrack yet)

This is DigiPAD v1.0 !!!
7 Likes

Great work! Want to pick up a Launchpad Pro to expand the awesomeness of the Digitakt

2 Likes

Is it possible to have LPP -> recording sequencer (Carbon) -> DT to work?

I want to record the Digipad jam into my sequencer. But is the digipad adressing all midi channels on digitakt? Because i have only one or 2 channels to spare for the DT.

I can’t vouch for Carbon, but it seems like this would work.

Digipad can be set to control any midi channel… it would be going to 1 channel at a time by default.
If you check out the features PolyFORK and UniFORK those can do some special midi magic.

1 Like

Very cool - great work.

From what I gather, is this intended more as a performance tool than a studio tool? For example, with the polyphony, that is not able to be recorded into the Digitakt is it?

Yes, more performance…but… Many of the features I have tested and they will record into the digitakt… example: the PolyFork or UniFork: these will record the live results into the digitakt recording/memory if using Live Record.

Been a while here, doing other things, but got to another big update. This time using the OpenLaunch base for a firmware to do:
Polychain any 2 Polysynths with proper Round Robin note distribution.
This I can see being more useful to users of the A4 or Digitone than Digitakt, but I wanted to share this because it could be very handy for synth players.

Here’s the youtube like about it: (keep in mind, its about polysynths so it talks about Roland Boutiques and Juno Chorus and other cool stuff… if you want to jump to the polychain talk skip to 4:45 or just enjoy the whole topic)

https://youtu.be/SKcHmM-xJdc

Please LIKE and SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube, I could use more subscribers and will thank you by providing more content and new gear! Yep, making a midi controller!

1 Like

Liked and subscribed. :slight_smile:

DigiPAD is a superb firmware. You mentioned on YouTube comments about making your own MIDI controllers in the future… Count me interested!

Thanks Claid - Yes, I’ve already got a prototype built. Just making enough firmware to push the envelop and see what hardware might need to be added before finalizing the build.

1 Like

hello,

maybe a strange question but does digipad is required to use launchpad pro mk3 with digitone and digitakt ?

DigiPad does not run on the Launchpad Pro MK3
Just on the original Launchpad Pro. (or Launchpad Pro mk2)
It can work with other synths than Digitakt or Digitone.

new version up now! Pressure Macros like Rytm, now “on Digitakt” (need Launchpad Pro obviously)
Round Robin Polychaining so you can play Digitakt like a polysynth, and tons of other new features.

2 Likes

2nd Video in my series on this big update. Polyphony with Round Robin notes on Digitakt is a great way to jam live!

Hi! Looks cool, does this work for the launchpad x as well?