Different audio levels from AR and AK (Overbridge AU)

Hi there,

I’m currently using the latest Overbridge AU for AR and AK with Ableton8 under OS X Yosemite.

I experienced that the audio input from AK is much lower then from the AR. Tried it with several factory sounds and not using the individual outputs - only the master outs from both machines are routed into Ableton.

When I open up the OB control panel, I can see the same - the input level from the AK never climbs beyond -12db no matter how much I’m trying to boost the volume.

Anybody who has similar issues?

Same here…

And ditto here, pretty sure that’s the way they’re set at the moment. (in my experience) The AR is too loud - most patterns, presets or my own, overdrive the mix bus in Ableton. And the A4 is a tad too quiet, though this is less of a problem to me.

Sure, this can be compensated for with a utility, but they should be at similar levels. I think I’ll submit a support ticket. While not technically a “bug”, I think Elektron should get formal notification of what we’re experiencing here.

Sure it’s not a big problem but it’s a bit strange.

Tried in Logic too yesterday and it was the same. Pretty quiet level on the A4.

… my system is OSX Maveriks with Ableton 9.2 and Logic Pro X

Bitwig, PC, AR is much quieter than A4…

I submitted a support ticket to HQ. They know about it and are on it :+1:

1 Like

Good to know. This issue was raised before with the A4: A4+OB - Low Output Issue

What was with this topic?
I’m experiencing the same issue in offical OB version.
AF inputs are a lot lower than AR.
I’m curently solving that with ableton utility…

Glad I found this thread, because I’m having the same issue. In Reaper/Win10/64

AR is where I’d think it should be coming out of OB/VST, AK via OB/VST is wayyyy too low.

Considering that this thread is like 2 years old and they have not addressed it…

Same issue here AR>AK