Did Elektronauts become "british" these days?! :-D

At this rate we’ll be needing a “Did Elektronauts become Scottish these days?!?” thread to be filled with all manner of obtuse slang terms and weird cultural references that will leave everyone else entirely baffled!

2 Likes

As @J0n35y says, Glasgow is really cool and really friendly and down to earth… it’s probably a bit more rough around the edges than Edinburgh but once you get past the more challenging accent you’ll have a great time. There’s so much to do there.

Also, I’ll put out another +1 for haggis… food of the gods. And the veggie haggis is ace too so don’t let dietary preferences get in the way!

2 Likes

Aye - I’ll have to try the Haggis when am up there! :joy:

1 Like

I developed lifelong tinnitus after spending three weeks partying my face off in Glasgow when I was 20 or 21. Apparently I passed out with my face on a speaker cabinet… :expressionless:

2 Likes

Gonzo Journalism!!!
:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

What do nauts think is that statement true?

How bout that one is it true? Can anyone prove it?

Now promoting a live (open mike) type electronic music night with function one PA

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up! Going to attend and see what happening…

Only place I thought I could get away posting these two I received for Xmas…

1 Like

And after a great buy from @xmit

1 Like

nice time capsule MIDI piece, i remember seeing this when it was broadcast, didn’t realise how much of a knob Andy Crane was at the time.

Me, as an American, when I see someone post that they’re taking the piss: “Where are you taking it?”

1 Like

You don’t have piss disposal units at street corners in the US? Where do you empty your buckets?

2 Likes

just take a mickey out of somebody instead?

You’re not wrong! Weirdly I happened across this clip on Archive.org a few years ago and ended up using some of it in a track on a modular(ish) drone/ambient album I did…

The track title is a jokey reference to how you could record the end credits on your video and then play back in slow motion to get cheats for games.

1 Like

@umonox @rotallytuined @Open_Mike @PeterHanes @Housecliche @J0n35y @Duncan
et al, I didn’t know where else to post this and didn’t wanna incur the roth of the Mods (who do a splendid job) by constipating the forum with yet more mindless chuff. Then it suddenly dawned on me that this bastion of all things pointless and useless had stalled on 995 posts. So, may i, friends, take this opportunity to post this beautiful clip and jump start us over that GRAND line.

7 Likes

I have been considering dipping my toes back into this thread recently - Lordy there’s been enough madness to ponder.

ITUT I have been flirting with the idea of building a home office / studio as a temporary structure in my back yard.

1 Like

That’s the spirit Dunkirk!
Build it… … and you will come.
I am, from tomorrow, self-isolating in my build, due to me going into a “Production bubble” for 7 weeks on location with a 75 strong crew in 14 days.
I’m hoping that it’s correct that it"s cooling down as it"s like the core of the Sun in there. I will be investing in Air Conditioning after this job, as I’m not sure the gear is benefiting from getting cooked.
Edit: I"n climbing up onto the roof to add my "view from the window/studio"thread. It’s a very beautiful evening here in the 'Shire.

2 Likes

That video was fabulous!

Saw the temps down your way were crazy this week. I’ve been melting in Scotland and that’s been at 26 degrees :joy:

In random news, I’ve finally discovered beer. Bought myself a Beerwulf Sub as a random lockdown treat and have been smashing some watermelon beer concoction. Lovely.

Beer + sun + drunken shenanigans: doesn’t get more British than that!

2 Likes

The humour is very British to me. Well done!

1 Like