Did Elektronauts become "british" these days?! :-D

More the opposite. Wales and Scotland don’t like when Britain gets equated with England.

Now, have a beer.

6 Likes

Brittany’s beer!

7 Likes

Britney Spears!

3 Likes

@sezare56 when you finished your first fine Duchess Anne and you want another you should go to the bar and say “hit me baby one more time” and then when the bartender looks at you strange say “I love brittanys beers” :joy: (might only work with British or English accent though)

3 Likes

Ok, if you finish your cheddar, go to the creamer and say “cheese me baby”. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That’s basically it. A safe rule of thumb is, if it pertains to England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland as a whole or it’s not specifically about any one then you’re fine with British. But for any one person you’ll have a whole slew of different answers to have they identify nationally. Best just to take a lead from the person in question.

It’s a weird thing though… my best pal and muso partner is English from just outside Manc but has lived half his life up here and we’ve sometimes discussed the idea of national identity (usually whilst having a few of the previously recommended beers) and we’ve often thought that Scotland and the north of England feel much more similar than the north and south of England do. But it’s a vague notion at best… especially when you’ve been on the turps.

1 Like

Well I’m English.

The hands

4 Likes

Offended is a little but over the top but I would “correct” someone and tell them I’m Scottish. To tell the truth, Brexit has left me incredibly embarrassed to be British.

I’m very proud to be Scottish but other than a small flutter during the 2012 Olympics I generally can’t be arsed with the UK.

On a related note, during a family holiday to Florida some 20 years ago an American woman interrupted some family chat we were having to ask if we were French! :rofl:

2 Likes

Thank You… :grin:

Don’t forget the Antonine Wall that the Romans built a few years later. Much of it runs through my home town (Falkirk). So I guess I’m on the cusp of true Wildling territory!

1 Like

I’ve never seen Game of Thrones but does that mean that it features nightmare traffic every morning rush hour at the Castlecary Arches?

1 Like

Ehh??? Jim Leishman, Provost of Fife is in Game o’ Thrones? Wow…

2 Likes

One of my best mates is a Fifer! Been a good source of banter over the years.

Jim Leiishman getting a mention on elektronauts is about as bonkers as it gets :joy: he’s got some truly hilarious stories from his time in Scottish football

1 Like

Looks a little like Pedro Pascal (who played Oberyn Martell) here in the terrible Kingsman sequel!

1 Like

We bloody love the Scots and Scotland…

Such a friendly peoples man… drove up from London with my wife who was 7mths pregnant at the time and went to the Highlands via Edinburgh, Glencoe… man… you guys have the most incredible landscape… friendliest drinkers in the world (maybe bec I havent been to Glasgow!)

The only thing i dont vouch for is the food hahahah - but then again I’m Greek so… its a tough sell

2 Likes

Glaswegians can be the nicest/friendliest you’ll meet! They really value family.

I used to go out with a girl whose family came from the Parkhead area (Celtic territory). Quite a poor area and some of the stories were crazy. They decided to move away when on Old Firm Derby Day they looked out to see some bloke chasing after another wielding a samurai sword :rofl:

I won’t hear a bad word said about haggis though. Love the stuff. We’ve also got some fine sea food. The salmon from Uist way is fantastic.

If you ever visit again, come during the festival or when the rugby is on. Edinburgh when a big match is on is fantastic. Great day out mingling with whoever is in town. Had myself some great nights out getting ridiculously drunk with fans from various countries.

I’ll hit you up for sure when I decide to visit… I need to go see Jason over at Signal Sounds :+1: :grinning:

1 Like