Did Elektronauts become "british" these days?! :-D

Can’t say I know to much what a typical German is like so no worries, I’m definitely not a typical American that’s for sure. California is huge, I’m about an 8 hour drive from NAMM if it’s in Anaheim. Would love to go but not in my flow right now…

In 2003 my girlfriend and I gave away everything we owned except backpacks and camping gear, quit our jobs, and bought one way tickets to Hawaii, without knowing anyone there and having no agenda. We ended up being there for almost 2 years. In those 2 years I think we only went inside a house twice. That valley I mentioned above we stayed in for 2 months. Total spirit seeking free flowing Earth adventures… To get there we didn’t need much money, it was more about letting things go…

5 Likes

when i think of Joni Mitchell’s song California, it’s so beautiful, keen to visit and find that feeling in the mountain forests and folk festivals

2 Likes

beautiful story and a beautiful spot. i’m suddenly tempted…

2 Likes

proof please! :joy:

just kiddin :wink: share some photos mate. i like this place, i wanna descent into places i might probably never be able to visit :slight_smile:

One day on a beautiful island beach there was a simple fisherman enjoying the sun while catching his lunch. A man in a business suit walked up and looked at him with envy.
“Man, that’s the life right there.” The businessman said.
“What else do you do?” He asked.
“I relax, enjoy nature, play games with my friends and family, and play my ukulele.” The fisherman said.
“Wow that sounds amazing I wish I could do that.”
“You can easily, there’s plenty of fish in the ocean and the island provides materials for shelter, and everything else we need.”
“Oh but I can’t, you see, I run a business and there’s bills and a mortgage and all sorts of responsibilities I have that will keep me tied up for years…”
"And what do you want to do when you finish your responsibilities?
“Well, one day I hope to retire on a tropical island where I can relax, enjoy nature, spend time with my family, and just sit on the beach and fish…”

4 Likes

moral of the story: keep it simple and you are the happiest person in the world.

result of this story if everybody would do it like that: we would still live in caves, hunting deer, not even knowing what a synthesizer is :wink:

there are advantages and disadvantages in everything. finding the golden mean should therefore be our topmost priority :wink:

2 Likes

I wonder if this thread needs some Vitas :diddly:

6 Likes

I didn’t have a camera so no photos to share, only memories…

I’m not sure why I’m all waxing philosophical on the Nauts…

2 Likes

i sampled Vitas and made a techno house track

3 Likes

And once again my reality is shattered…
Now I feel normal :wink:

2 Likes

hmm, i dont understand this?!:confused:

Understanding is overrated… :panda:
sometimes…

2 Likes

ok :loopy:

1 Like

I would dance to this.

2 Likes

Mesmerising every time

2 Likes

Not much to it :wink: He seems like an interesting performer. His more operatic videos show his vocal talent a bit better. I guess I posted that vid as it’s a good example of letting your freak flag fly musically.

1 Like

His other songs are not so interesting. I like it a lot strangely enough.

That vocal trick! That’s like a bold method of tremolo picking with your mouth! That is insane!

[quote]
“See if you can catch yourself complaining, in either speech or thought, about a situation you find yourself in, what other people do or say, your surroundings, your life situation, even the weather. To complain is always nonacceptance of what is. It invariably carries an unconscious negative charge. When you complain, you make yourself into a victim. When you speak out, you are in your power. So change the situation by taking action or by speaking out if necessary or possible; leave the situation or accept it. All else is madness.” [/quote] ― Eckhart Tolle

2 Likes