Did Elektronauts become "british" these days?! :-D

A dear friend of mine passed on a few years back at the age of 67. His name was Daniel Free Spirit, know just as Free Spirit and to some just “Free”. He literally rocked it until the day he died. Got the pleasure of living with him for his last few years and I was like his sidekick there for a minute, “Open” and “Free”… He was so young at heart that sometimes I felt like the older one, although if needed he could turn wise. He went to all the ecstatic dances and most every dance party thrown by 20 to 30 year olds around these parts. Often he’d hit several gatherings and parties in a day, I would make it to one maybe and then later would be winding down while he was trying to get me to go to the next “thing”. I could not keep up with him. He fit in and perfectly related to all the younger folks only difference was pure white hair and beard… Because of him I will always remember not to get old and that the soul is forever youthful and free, no matter how many laps around the sun ones physical vessel has made, the trick is just to be that way!

6 Likes

Coincidentally, I was watching this again today … can’t recommend it highly enough as a life affirming booster to get through the existential troughs … extraordinary documentary about being alive and human for the unimaginably tiny moment in history we exist in, don’t look for spoilers !

:thup: http://www.ecstasyofwilkojohnson.com/

ps : this is him strutting his magic with the surgical tele

4 Likes

Similar, but whales and dolphins are involved… :ecstatic:
http://scotthuckabay.com/bio/#sthash.NcX5oZIt.dpbs

This guy is flippin amazing!

1 Like

I love that performance. From the first Old Grey Whistle Test DVD I believe. Still got all 3 volumes on DVD - full of fantastic performances and some borderline ludicrous ones like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpDegYHAJyc.

Consistently great viewing though!

1 Like

:heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

That just adjusted my reality in ways I don’t understand yet…

1 Like

:hugs:

1 Like

Let’s go.

1 Like

We were ( with the help of you guys ) doing it ages ago.
:joy:

1 Like

Meditating?

While dancing like a person possessed on Derrick May’s beat, 4 people asked me if I had some ectasy.
I had to explained them I was totally clean, music was my fuel. I got really strange looks like they wouldn’t believe me.
Rock on !

2 Likes

Well to be fair you are the LyingDalai…:see_no_evil:

2 Likes

As the raver generation gets long in the tooth there will be a demand for live Techno at the old age home! Don’t give up hope! Free meds for all!

2 Likes

Ahh yes, the ravetirement home… What a great way to keep the party going!

1 Like

Mike I’m 38 too. Dude it’s not old.

I started making tunes on a sample based tracker at 13. I started my own vinyl label at 21. Started my first digital label at 26 (they were called net-labels back then and there was basically no distribution).

Started my second digital label at 30 which did really well in the scene eventhough it never made a penny.

I never play live and I haven’t made a decent tune since 2010.

But it’s never too late.

Age doesn’t worry me. My ability and taste changes over the years.

Recently I’ve given up using a computer to make music because it bored the shit out of me. I literally hated it.

Now I have an OT and I still may never make any good music, or play live. But I enjoy doing it a lot more now than I have in years. And maybe, just maybe it will produce something greater than just having an awesome time jamming?!

And then I can release it in limited edition CF card for all the cool kids, because that’s the format of the Retro future!!

:wink:

6 Likes

30’s are the new 20’s…
If you read my other posts up there I’ve declared I won’t even get old… :ecstatic:
It’s just laps around the sun as far as I’m concerned… :wink:

1 Like

Aging is the only trick I found to keep living…
But the soul is said to be eternal, so it has no need for this.
My mind keeps switching between the two modes so I’m 20 in my head, pure at heart, and my back hurts.

3 Likes

i will not make a joke on that one. but just to mention it will probably give you the idea :stuck_out_tongue:

@LyingDalai so if you back hurts are you tall ? like a ex-basketball guy ?
i have white hair as well and not my age in my head too :slight_smile:

Nope, not tall. But when I’m dropped into a sound I enjoy, I give everything ! Music is my dope, for real !
:smiley:
2 good nights and I’m gonna be better…

4 Likes

:joy: