Desktop tilt stand for AK?

looking for a solution to tilt my AK similar to the rest of my desktop units. maybe a kickstand adapted from some office equipment? id like something that is very sturdy and made of metal if possible.

thanks!

If all else fails, check out cremacaffedesign.com (their stands are wood). Their stands are really cleverly designed in regards to changing angles and size, being universal, travel friend!y etc. I have their Kolibri stand for my Digitakt, really liking it, obviously too small for the AK, I’m thinking two of their larger stands, or possibly the one(s) that you can split into two separate stands, might work.

i did see those and theyre nice but i want metal similar to the flavorless black stand i have on all the rest of my gear… i may need to custom make a stand because i want uniformity haha

3 Likes

Hazard tape looks cool on the digi, looks like something on an abandoned spaceship

1 Like

yesss! im a big fan of 80s and 90s scifi :robot:

IKEA Brada

if youre using this could you please give us a pic? either that or it didnt happen. :evergreen_tree:

check my posts in the Your Setups picture thread.

doh! i gotta search? :roll_eyes:

J/K

On this subject I just bought an AK, it sounds amazing but I have no idea how anyone programs this for more than 20 minutes, that tiny screen is killer on my neck! Mostly cause of its position and being flat more than its small size, I’m fine with the size. Has no one came up for a solution on this? I can only find a few pretty old threads on the subject. I’m really surprised this doesn’t seem to be a bigger issue for people. I’d whack it on a tilted stand like the octatrack but then I might as well just have an A4. Thinking of making a small periscope type of thing with mirrors to tilt the screen up, or some kind of magnifying glass. Sounds ridiculous but I’m sure I could make something that’s not too visually offensive. Has no one else ever tried this?

Researched for a desktop stand for the AK too and found this sweet solution (SLT001 from Adam Hall just ordered two of them)
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/03/aplusautomation/vendorimages/LegacyMigrate_31uQTx0wmRL.CB268504139__SR285,285.jpg
It’s perfect for me, because I can fit another synth underneath (right on the table). Maybe plan ahead and get something similar too, instead of buying a new stand later on?

@jaschar yeah futureproofing cant hurt. Right now I’ve got it on Ikea stands with a magnifying glass over the screen, it’s working for now but I think this synth wasn’t designed with ergonomics in mind. I love the aesthetic but it’s a bit impractical. I suppose that’s what the overbridge control is for though. Might have to treat patch design like a VST then use the keys for performance with those patches. It does sound fucking fantastic though, I don’t think I’d want to give up the joystick and the lights above the keys if I opted for an A4. I just wish it was a bit more comfortable, no pain no gain eh

I got myself two of these:

They work like a charm!