Delete Song Row?

I’m trying to delete a row/chain in my song, but nothing is working.

The manual is a bit vague on this point:

“Erase a song row, one pattern at a time, by pressing [FUNCTION] + [NO/RELOAD] repeatedly.”

It’s either saying you can erase one pattern at a time from a song row (without saying anything about the last pattern), or you can erase a song row by erasing one pattern at a time until there are zero patterns.

I guess it’s saying the former because the latter is not working. I get to the last pattern on the line and it can’t be deleted. I’ve placed the cursor everywhere in the line and neither function+no or function+clear do anything.

Has anyone successfully deleted a row from a song?

i don’t have my ar anymore, but yah, it’s just func + no while in song mode.

I just tried it and it worked! I think it just doesn’t work sometimes.

eh, probably a user error, but it happens to the best of us.

No, I sat there for 5 minutes pushing Function+No trying to delete it. There’s definitely a bug in the unit because I’ve run into this before.

This just happened to me on the Mk I (1.45B). I think it’s a bug.

I think I actually figured this out and it’s not a bug. Well, whether it’s a bug is a matter of preference, I guess, but I think you can’t delete the pattern that’s currently playing from a chain. I don’t have my AR hooked up right now to verify it, but I think that’s the conclusion I came to.

Thanks for the reply. Maybe that was it. It does seem to be the case that you can’t delete the chain that’s currently playing. I can’t remember the specifics of what happened the other day enough to know if that was what happened, but it’s a good theory.

Definitely still a bug in Jan 2023, tried all the above. Pretty big bug considering you can spend a lot of time building long chains with different mutes etc and have this happen later in your set, then have to start a new chain and do it again

On the digitone is “Press [FUNC] + [UP] to
remove the selected row from the song arrangement.”