Delete non-used samples, but keep the used ones

Hey There,

I am wondering, is there a save way to delete all not used samples, but at the same time keep all the samples that are used in a project from the Digitakt?

I was assuming that I can jump into a project, select all samples and lock them, but I didn’t find how to do that.

So is there a way?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Cheers,
Heffmoe

Don’t think it’s possible to completely delete all unused samples off the device and only keep used samples. you can now purge samples that are not used in the project to empty slots…
but it doesn’t put them in a different folder or anything like the Octatrack or collect all and save like in ableton

Elk herd?

In os 1.20a you can manage the ram usage in the menu where you view all the samples in RAM on the right side menu you can select unused then remove them from the project.

4 Likes

@Heffmoe I did clean up unused samples for the the +Drive. It is a combination of manual steps with elk herd and scripts. But ultimately it worked for me when I was on v1.11

Would it work to export the projects as SysEx, then delete all samples and then import the SysEx again? Or are the samples not included in the SysEx file? Or am I getting SysEx Files completely wrong?

Yeah, sysex doesn’t retain the samples. Backup on the DT still isn’t one of its strong points