Delay control issue: possibly hardware?

Hi all. I have a relatively new Octatrack mkii that is behaving strangely when using the Delay Control setting. When selecting track 1 (with trig 9) and setting the delay time with trig 2, track 10 also becomes selected.

Here is a video demonstrating the issue. Is this a hardware issue or some weird setting? https://photos.app.goo.gl/xAYn84VbY7BqHoWx5

Thanks

1 Like

Can you try it with your midi IN port disconnected to verify it’s not a midi feedback loop?

1 Like

Good idea but that didn’t fix it - unplugged everything except for power just to be sure.

2 Likes

Hmm Does that combo of keys do anything strange in any of the other trig modes? if it’s a hardware fault it should happen regardless of the menu I would think. also try to reproduce in a new blank project to verify the project doesn’t have any corruption or mismanaged settings. That’s the next steps I would take :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yep, I also started thinking that it could be some weird project setting but after creating a new set, same issue.

Opened a support ticket and got the following response:

This is due to a known firmware bug that we have fixed for the next OS upgrade. I do not have an ETA for the next OS release at this point, but hopefully it is not very far away. I’m really sorry for the inconvenience.

Not sure if other trig modes are affected or not, will check later. Just happy to know it’s not a hardware issue!

2 Likes

I swear someone mentioned a similar problem in the bugs thread right after the last firmware update.

2 Likes

It would appear so. Looks like it’s a known issue

1 Like

During the beta testing we didn’t tested all trig modes seriously enough ! :wink: