[ PDF Tool ] Tuning Table for Analog Rytm

Steps and Whole Tone… just for reference… and it’s explain why some range have 4 values in between and some other one 2 values. For those who don’t know that… yet already.

Sorry, I think you misunderstood…
I meant, when you use your values for the old machines, does your tuner show the note as being exact, or is the note still off a little from perfect pitch but it’s as close as you can get?
I hope that makes sense…

huh ok… no no I have exact values in both spectrum, tuner or Melodyne.
My table are pitch perfect from what I have measured.

I’m on the Snares machines now :wink:

1 Like

Having some discrepancies. On my machine I get different turnings depending on which pad I load the machine on, but only for the older engines.
For example load bdcl to track one, initialize as suggested (Sweep Time is OFF, Sweep Depth is OFF, Decay is at 100, Waveform is 0 (or the first one) Hold Time is OFF, Transient is OFF.) make sure note on trig page is 0.
Now copy synth page across the bottom pads 1-4.
Pad 1 I get a C, pad 2 a B 35 cents sharp, pad3 B, pad4 B.
Williams values are close for pads 3 and 4 but begin to drift a little in higher octaves.
Pads 1 and 2 the values do not give me correct tuning, often in between notes and tun parameter not fine enough to get them exact.
This makes me think to calibrate, but…
If I load bdpl across the pads I get the same tuning for every pad, (3 and 4 are few cents flater but pretty on).
@William_WiLD when you did your tests was bdcl loaded to pad 1 or another pad?

Can someone test this by my example above loading bdcl same settings across 4 bottom pads and see if they match tune and if Williams values work for them or just some of them…

bdcl loaded to pad 1 of course it was the most obvious to me. I usually use BD on BD pad. (of course I know you can load BD on SD pad voice but I’m not using my AR like that.) Anyway I will try what you said on Voicing to see if I have things varying regardless the voices used.

Hmm, different on my machine.
On pad 1 your values work for bdpl and the new engines, but not the old ones like bdhd.
If I load bdhd to pad 3, the values work.
My rytms on chain mode warming up right now, later I’ll try a calibration and see if the same…

Did a calibration after the machine was on for 4 hours.
Now I have different values than before for bdhd, but still not Williams, and still different tunings with same settings on track 1 vs 2 vs 3.
They seem to be more consistent with Williams values more around c2 (+26) but stray going octaves up or down.
Interestingly, the values for bdpl are the same as I had before which are the same as Williams.
Will try another calibration later to see if I get yet different values.
Wondering if there’s really that much difference in analog components that one rytm’s C is another rytms B?
Almost seems like it’s calibrating around c2 and the different tracks just don’t track quite the same as you go further from C2(except the new engines).
Possible support ticket in the works…
Interested how these values are working for others and if anyone experiences anything like I’ve described…

1 Like

As Simon said it might differ from machine to machine since it’s analog… maybe he’s talking about Rytm to another Rytm rather than Model Synthesis Machines. So the TUN Table I would like to do maybe will stick as a base to start and not as an accuracy Table reference for every RYTM user. I don’t know.

EDIT : @Open_Mike I tried what you mention I experienced the same behavior where my values have 1 increment lower when copying on Pad 2 with BDCL, BDHD and BDFM so to get older BD machines in tune on PAD2 values are : C4 (51) C3 (27) C2 (03) C1 (-21)
But it’s reflecting well in tune as my TUN table values on PAD1, PAD3 and PAD4

Thanks William, sorry to throw a monkey wrench at you but you want this to be Definitive…
I’m gonna mess around with this a bit more today…

1 Like

This is amazing. Super useful. I’m wondering - do you think the filter numbers are the same across all the Elektron boxes?

1 Like

I don’t know.

Thank you for the table!

I hope to have some time in the Evening. Then I eill check the filter on my machine aswell

1 Like

Wow! This is amazing. Great work William!

1 Like

Analog RYTM | TUN Table :elan:
This is a document to help you to TUNE your Drums in Key.

Content :

• 1 PDF Multipage Ready to PRINT

• 1 Excel Document so you can adjust to your needs

• 1 CHART A4 to Print

DOWNLOAD :
https://www.elektronauts.com/files/419

12 Likes

It’s awesome, great job, thanks for all william! Cheers.

1 Like

Did a bunch of testing the last two days, ran several calibrations, machine warmed up for a long time, stable room temperature, good power source.
What I found is that the older bd engines will get a slightly different calibration each time, can be slightly different between pads 1/2/3, and the difference between the pads changes upon each calibration.
The newer engines always come out the same.
Bass Tom and other toms always same, checked cowbell classic always the same, slight variations on rimshot classic. Didn’t check the rest, there’s so many engines…

Conclusion:
Old Bd engines will always have a little variance, some other older engines have a little variance, and the variance changes between calibrations…
The new engines calibrate very well, as do toms and cowbell…

This was sort of expected as the new engines were supposed to be the ones that tracked well, what wasn’t expected is that upon each calibration some of the older engines will be slightly different every time…

Just letting folks know in case some of the older engine values aren’t quite exact…

5 Likes

Thank you very much for share it!

1 Like

Thanks for putting this together for us. Looks nice too!

1 Like

Hannes Bieger tells, why this tuning table is so important… :wink:

5 Likes

That’s exactly what I’ve done without seen anything on the subject I start by higher frequency range and then analyse every notes to the lower range…