Deep Composer -- From Amazon AWS (Generative Music System)

What Amazon did in that video reminds me of the Tesla pickup truck promotion/unveiling where Elon Musk was smashing the windows on his Hot-Wheels truck, or that ?sabotaged? performance with Madonna at Eurovision. Amazon’s unveil was bungled and perhaps sabotaged as well. Coultan lyrics seemed a blatant attack – “Now i’m a brain in a jar.” Ode to joy?

Sometimes i have bad dreams and think that technology has us all doomed.

1 Like

If I get one of these Amazon things, along with the new Roland Jupiter XM with the I-arppegio, then I don’t even have to think anymore. I’ll just hold a beer in one hand, and press a key with the other. Or maybe this will push me over the edge to getting a cat. I bet the cat comes up with some good stuff.

Weak sauce, unless your target musical audience is my grandma…?! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This doesn’t really seem like generative music in the Eno sense of the word. But more like the cheesy Yamaha PRS play along settings.

2 Likes

I like it, I am starting a new genre called Grandma-tech.

But then you’ll have to change your name to “HoldMyOWNBeer”!

2 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I guess that doesn’t really have the same ring to it. Point taken.

2 Likes

Oh nice, I love his podcast but somehow missed that one.

Even so, the fact that Microsoft’s Songsmith somehow did a better job 10 years ago is really saying something.

I’d like to see what it’d do if he only played the melody of Ode to Joy without the backing chords…